↯PROLOGUE: an end and a beginning↯

〘 PROLOGUE: an end and a beginning 〙

"Are we sure?" Harry said softly, his thumb caressing the back of Ginny's knuckles

"I think we're sure Harry. " Harry sighed. He knew Ginny was right. Everything felt a little... Weird between them ever since Harry had died, came back to life and had to deal with the repercussions of the war. He had spent the entire summer at the Weasley house, trying not to think too hard about Fred or Remus or Tonks or any of the number of other people who had died not just in the war, but over the course of the last eighteen years of his life. The only thing that kept him from spiraling into darkness was a small bouncing baby boy whose hair was often a bright blue and Ginny who always smiled so warmly at him no matter how she was feeling. 

But no matter how pretty Harry thought her smile was, that spark they thought they had was no longer there and they both knew it. 

"But do we have to announce it to your whole family? Blimey that's dramatic." Harry muttered. Ginny laughed and slowly let go of his hand, putting it on his shoulder instead.

"It's the only way they'll all find out at once. It might be a bit awkward at dinner but... At least we can get it out of the way right?" Harry sighed but nodded. Ginny was right, as usual. 

"I just... I mean I wish things had happened differently. I wish..." Harry didn't really know what he wished for. Ginny smiled at him sadly, touching his cheek lightly.

"I wish things had happened differently too." Harry half smiled at her. "But honestly, dating you didn't live up to the hype." Ginny and Harry laughed together. That's something that Harry really liked about Ginny, she could always make him laugh. 

"Oi!" A voice said to their left. Ginny and Harry looked to the doorway to find Ron standing there, eyeing the pair of them skeptically. Harry was, after all, standing in Ginny's room alone with her. "Mum says it's time for dinner." 

"We'll be right there." Ginny said with a small smile. Ron nodded and turned away from his sister and best friend, heading downstairs without them. When he left, Harry sighed heavily.