↯chapter two: I'M DONE↯

〘 chapter ii: I'M DONE 〙

Harry had three classes with Draco

Harry had three classes with Draco. He didn't even have that many with Ron or Hermione but then again, this was Draco. Wherever Harry went, he could feel Draco's looming presence. Except... His presence wasn't very looming anymore. Draco was like a ghost. 

His hair in a constant state of fluidity. Sometimes it would be slicked back across his forehead, and other times it looked like Draco had rolled out of bed and right into the classroom. That wasn't the weirdest thing about Draco though. The weirdest thing was that Draco seemed to be purposefully ignoring Harry and it was kind of bugging him. 

All throughout Charms class, he expected Draco to make some jab at him. Draco was sitting behind Harry after all but no such teasing or taunting ever came. In fact, Draco was so quiet Harry swore he wasn't even breathing at one point. Harry had briefly glanced over his shoulder to make sure the blond boy was still there which, he was, his head on his arms on his desk looking uninterested in what the professor was saying. 

Potions class was much the same but this time Draco sat at a two person desk by himself and quietly brewed potions without so much as a peep from him. Harry was positive that Draco was even making a point not to look at him. Harry didn't understand what was happening. Was this really Draco? The same Draco who was always so outspoken and energetic? The Draco who was a snobbish know-it-all and constantly trying to one-up Harry? What had happened this past summer? Why was Draco so abhorrently different? 

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Harry was staring at the back of Draco's head wondering if he should approach the blond boy. What would he even say? What would he ask? Harry tried not to think about it too hard as he marched over to where Draco was sat in the library. "What's wrong with you?" The words came out of his mouth before he could stop them and Harry watched Draco's shoulders tense slightly before he glanced over his shoulder at Harry, one bright gray eye analyzing him. Draco sighed and closed the book in front of him and turned sideways in his seat, sweeping back his cloak a little dramatically if you asked Harry.