↯chapter seven: POTIONS PARTNERS↯

〘 chapter vii: POTIONS PARTNERS〙

"Potter and Malfoy." Everyone in the room stiffened except for the Professor. She carried on down the list as if nothing had occurred. She had to know about the rivalry between the two boys right? She is a new Professor but there was no way that she shouldn't have known.

Harry looked to Draco now who appeared bored with the idea instead of angry. When the professor told the class to sit with their new partners, Harry stood, gathered his things and walked to Draco's table. He sat down at the stool and Draco sighed. "She's trying to kill me."

"What?"

"The Professor. She must know I despise you. She's doing this on purpose." Draco said with a frown.

"I don't think she knows." Harry said.

"Than what other reason can you fathom for this horrible pairing?" Draco said, sitting up and half glaring at Harry. Draco watched him run one hand through his hair. God did he ever use a comb? Did he know what a comb was? Not that Draco could really talk. As of late, he's kept his hair long and in his face.

"I cant think of one." Draco rolled his eyes, spinning his wand between his fingers. "You're not gonna try and hex me right?" Draco didn't seem amused by Harry's comment.

"Are you gonna drag my grade down?" Harry tried not to blush. "I'm fairly certain that's why the Professor put us together." Draco said, looking away. "I'm the best in the class and you're the worst."

"I'm not the worst."

"You used notes from a book to complete all your positions in sixth year." Draco said. Harry frowned. How did Draco know that?

"Keeping tabs on me?"

"Always. Don't act like you don't." Draco was right of course. Harry had been keeping tabs, that's why he knew that Draco sometimes left the castle late at night. Harry had seen him once, roaming the halls and at first he thought Draco was heading towards the tower but then he veered sharply to the left and before Harry could catch up to him, Draco had exited the castle and was heading towards the Forbidden Forest. Harry wanted to ask Draco about it but he didn't know how to without sounding accusatory.