↯chapter twenty-six: I'M SORRY↯

〘 chapter xxvi: I'M SORRY〙

The tower was a wreck. The table and chairs were overturned, partly smashed or stomped on. The tea set was in shattered against one wall and Draco had even gone as far as breaking all the glass out of the windows, letting in the cold night air. Draco himself was lying on his back on the ground, eyes closed with a blueberry cigarette between his fingers. "Is lemon not your favorite anymore?" Draco shot up, startled. His eyes were wide as he stared at Harry, wondering if the dark haired boy would disappear.

"Are you real?" Draco breathed out. Harry walked over and kneeled down next to Draco, pushing Draco's hair back lightly. 

"I'm real." He said. Draco wanted so badly to lean in and kiss him but he didn't want Harry to push him away. That would be worse than him disappearing. "Can I have a smoke?" Harry asked. Draco clenched his jaw, looking away as he handed the cigarette to Harry. 

"I smoked all the blueberry ones. Sorry." He said softly. Harry thought for a second.

"Just give me a lemon one." Draco glanced over at him. "Do you still have those?" Draco slowly took the packet out of his pocket. When Harry opened it, all that was in there was lemon cigarettes. Draco tried not to stare at him as Harry lit his cigarette. Harry had always liked kissing Draco after he had smoked a lemon cigarette. He always thought Draco was just like a lemon. Sometimes sour. Sometimes sweet. Always delicious. Harry blew the smoke out slowly. 

"I've missed you." Draco said, his voice wobbling. Harry tried to catch his eye but Draco was still refusing to look at him. Harry sat back on his heels and touched Draco's face lightly so he would turn to look at him.

"I've missed you too." Draco swallowed hard.

"Kiss me, please." He said. That's all Harry had been thinking about honestly but he wasn't sure if Draco wanted to kiss him. Harry leaned in and kissed him slowly. "I still love you." Draco whispered. "Nothings going to change that." 

"Why?" Harry whispered back, pulling away and pressing their foreheads together, his hand on the back of Draco's neck. "I've hurt you both physically and emotionally now." Draco laughed a little bitterly.