↯chapter six: LEAVE ME ALONE↯

〘 chapter vi: LEAVE ME ALONE〙

Harry wondered if Draco would be there again

Harry wondered if Draco would be there again. Up in the tower. He was about to find out. After Harry and Hermione had found Ron and calmed him down, Harry took him back to their room and made him go to sleep. Ron was just tired enough and just drunk enough that he fell right to sleep. Harry informed Hermione of this, as she had been pacing out in the hallway, waiting by the door for the boys dorm. She hugged him as he emerged and Harry had patted her back lightly. "He'll be fine it's just..."

"I know." Hermione whispered. "I... This summer he seemed fine and..." Hermione took a deep breath and Harry could tell she was fighting back tears as well. 

"It's going to be fine. He'll be fine." Hermione nodded before slowly letting go of him.

"Get some rest Harry." She said, brushing back his hair lightly so it was no longer in his eyes.

"Yes mum." Hermione laughed a little and Harry was glad to see her smile. Dean, Seamus and Neville came back to the room not long after and each of them fell asleep easily. Harry on the other hand, was a different issue. So with his mind racing and his feet itching to move, Harry began to head to the North Tower. 

The door was open this time and When Harry stepped into the room, he found Draco sitting completely out of the window, his legs dangling out in open air. He was leaning over so far that Harry thought he might jump. Fear seized his heart for some reason. Harry quickly walked forward and grabbed the hood of Draco's robe. He didn't even look back at him. "Are you fuckin' insane?" Harry demanded.

"Why do you ask?" Draco said. His eyes scanned the horizon. From this high up and at this time of night, he couldn't even see the ground. He knew it must have been about fifty or so feet bellow though. 

"Why are you sitting out a window like this?" 

"Because I can." Harry frowned. "Would you let go Potter? I'm not going to jump." Harry wasn't convinced. "Even if I did, holding onto my robe wouldn't do much. I could slip right out of it as I fell to my death." Draco glanced over his shoulder at the Chosen One and smirked. Harry was unsure what to do. Was Draco messing with him? Harry slowly let go of him, half embarrassed that he had grabbed Draco in the first place.  Draco looked back out across the school.