↯chapter twenty-seven: A SCENE↯

〘 chapter xxvii: A SCENE〙

"That's when I said..." Seamus was saying before getting interrupted by the Great Hall doors being blown open dramatically, possibly by a spell. As they opened, everyone turned to look at the figure silhouetted in the morning light.

"Harry Potter!" A voice boomed. Harry would recognize that voice anywhere. Draco stepped into the Great Hall smirking up a storm, pleased that everyone's eyes were on him.

"Harry." Hermione hissed next to Harry. He hadn't realized he had stood up.

"What's happening mate?" Ron said next but Harry wasn't focused on them. He was staring at Draco whose fancy blond hair was blowing back in the breeze, along with his robe. Damn he looked good. Had Harry told any of his friends that they had made up? Harry was pretty sure he didn't. 

"Nothing." Harry said at the same moment that Draco motioned for Harry to meet him by the doors. Harry glanced towards the front where all the teachers sat. Headmistress McGonagall was standing, eyeing the two boys curiously. Hagrid had even stopped eating, fork poised halfway between his plate and his open mouth.

"Harry Potter." Draco said again. Harry looked back to Draco, trying not to smile. "Come here." But he didn't need to say that, Harry was already stepping over the bench, running one hand through his hair nervously.

"Harry." Hermione whispered again but Harry didn't pay attention to her. He simply walked towards Draco who was now standing with his arms crossed, staring pointedly at Harry.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked in a low voice as soon as he was close enough to Draco.

"Didn't you say you wanted to tell everyone about us?" Draco was smiling wickedly.

"R-right here? You want to do this in front of the whole school?" Harry said, voice still quiet, gesturing to the gaping audience in front of them.

"What better way?" Draco said coyly, standing up straighter. Harry shook his head and half stepped away from Draco.

"Blimey you're dramatic." Harry said glancing down at his shoes. Draco grabbed the collar of Harry's robe and pulled him closer. Harry's heart thumped wildly in his chest and he could hear several people shout at them to not fight as well as people shouting out their bets about who would win the fight. McGonagall herself was even threatening them with detention.