↯chapter seventeen: LETTERS↯

〘 chapter xvii: LETTERS〙

It seemed like Harry and Draco were moving in opposite directions as of late

It seemed like Harry and Draco were moving in opposite directions as of late. Not that that was necessarily a bad thing but... They did miss one another and they weren't exactly not talking to one another, they just weren't visiting the tower at all the past couple of nights. Draco still had nightmares, as did Harry but they were a little less frequent and anyways, Draco said their late night's out together was causing him to fall behind in classes. Harry hadn't noticed Draco lagging in any areas but he decided not to argue with Draco.

The two boys instead had been studying more in the library and sometimes sneaking out for smoke breaks in some abandoned or un-frequently used corners of the castle. On one of these particular occasions, Harry had been putting the blueberry cigarette to his lips, listening to Draco talk and laughing about some of the sarcastic shit he was saying. Harry had been standing probably a bit too close to the blonde boy but he didn't particularly care and neither did Draco. Nobody had caught them yet. 

But they should have known better than to let their guard down.

As Harry laughed at Draco's story, he heard someone clear their throat not too far away. Draco and Harry both turned to see Ron. He was frowning at them which was only slightly better than scowling. "Hey Ron." Harry said, trying to sound cheery. "Want a cigarette? Draco has the strawberry one's you like." Draco gave Harry a half funny look and Ron just looked... Surprised. 

"I don't want a cigarette." Ron said through his teeth.

"Are you sure?" Draco said. "The Adverts say that this new strawberry release has even more strawberries." Draco said, pulling the cigarette pack out of the pocket of his robe. It was mostly full of strawberry cigarettes. Draco and Harry weren't particularly fond of that flavor and always smoked them once the other two were gone. 

"I don't want anything from you." Ron said in a hard voice.

"It's just a cigarette Ron. It's not poisoned." Harry said, rolling his eyes.

"You never know Harry, maybe I finally poisoned one this time. This could be the last blueberry cigarette you ever have." Harry started to laugh and that really confused Ron. Usually Harry would retort with something else. Instead, he was laughing.