↯chapter nine: FORBIDDEN↯

〘 chapter ix: FORBIDDEN〙

Draco needed a long nap or some fucking fresh air or maybe just a good slap in the face

Draco needed a long nap or some fucking fresh air or maybe just a good slap in the face. Something. He needed, something.

It used to be natural for Draco to search for Harry in a crowd of people. The reason used to be so Draco could taunt or tease Harry in some way but now... Draco was looking for him because he desperately wanted to talk to him at all hours or the day and the thought absolutely horrified him. The knowledge that Harry wanted to talk to Draco too didn't comfort him though. 

Before, when Draco could pretend that he didn't like Harry, that he just liked making him angry, liked watched him scowl and narrow those emerald green eyes of his, it had been easy for him to ignore the underlying feelings of his that wrapped around the one and only Harry Potter. Harry didn't like him. This was a known fact for Draco. Draco had long given up any fantasies of him and the Chosen One being together. It was a stupid dream anyways. The thought of seeing Harry again this year was almost enough to make Draco never want to set foot in Hogwarts again but... Draco wanted to graduate. He wanted some sort of normalcy in his life and most of all, he wanted to get away from Malfoy Manor. 

His parents were smothering him, his mother especially. She wrote a letter to Draco nearly every day asking him how he was and Draco couldn't reply fast enough. He had begun to wonder if his mother had taken to owling some of his friends or maybe the Headmistress herself to see if Draco was doing alright. He wouldn't put it past her. his mother had been especially troubled after he has so blatantly abandoned the Death Eaters in favor of Hogwarts and Harry.

Draco had tried as best as he could to explain the feelings and emotions that had washed over him when he saw that Harry was alive but... He didn't know how to talk about it without almost completely revealing his true feelings to Harry. Sure, Draco had run back across that courtyard because he loved this school, hated Voldemort, had regained some sense of hope but... The main reason was... If Harry Potter was alive, Draco would be damned if he let anyone try to kill that boy with his stupid lightning scar. If Draco ever got the chance, he would kill Harry himself for giving him such a scare honestly.