↯chapter nineteen: DAY DREAMING↯

〘 chapter xix: DAY DREAMING〙

Draco wasn't sure if he was having a nightmare or not

Draco wasn't sure if he was having a nightmare or not. It certainly didn't feel like one. Harry was in it but that was nothing new. Draco found himself dreaming about Harry often, even before they started to become friends. Usually they would be fighting but sometimes... Sometimes they would be dreams like this where Harry was actually giving Draco one of his honest to god, ear to ear smiles. "That's a silly thing to say."

"It's no more silly than all the rubbish that comes out of your mouth." Harry said with a laugh. 

"Don't lie, you love that I'm an idiot."

"I don't know about that. I do know I love being smarter than you though." Harry laughed again and stepped closer, putting his hand on the back of Draco's neck.

"It is really hot that I'm dating someone smarter than me."

"Finding someone smarter than you wouldn't be that hard and..." Before Draco could continue, Harry kissed him and Draco melted into it. Draco never tried to hold himself back in his dreams. Reality though was a little different. Harry had already guessed that Draco had a long standing crush on him. Harry just didn't know how long and Draco intended to keep it that way. 

As most dreams though, this one melted away completely into nothingness and the next thing Draco knew, he was waking up to someone kissing his cheek and saying, "Hey I know you're barely awake but I gotta run babe." Draco wanted to tell Harry to shut up, to come back to bed. His side of the mattress was already going cold. Harry chuckled which led Draco to believe he had said some sort of coherent sentence. "I know. I'm sorry but I gotta go back to the Gryffindor tower and pretend I've been there all night."

"Don't leave." Draco finally said, sitting up and frowning at Harry. His hair was even messier from sleep and his eyes were barely open. Harry thought he looked completely adorable as he pouted.

"I'm sorry but I can't stay. Let's do this again though okay?" Harry said, cupping Draco's face in his hands and kissing him. Draco kissed him back hard and nearly grabbed onto Harry's cloak to pull him back into bed. Harry laughed and puled back. "I'll see you soon babe. Bye."