↯chapter twenty-four: TAINTED LOVE↯

〘 chapter xxiv: TAINTED LOVE〙

"Okay, what in bloody hell is wrong with you

"Okay, what in bloody hell is wrong with you." Ron said, slamming his book closed.

"Ronald." Hermione hissed in a low voice. Harry tried not to cringe. It had been a week. An entire week of refusing to talk to Draco, refusing to read his magical notes. Harry had even convinced Professor Potswell that he and Draco shouldn't be potions partners anymore. Harry thinks she only made this change because Harry had broken down crying over it. It was the first time he had cried in a long time. Not even updates from Andromeda about Teddy could cheer him up. He was just... Sad. 

And everyone had noticed.

"Nothing's wrong." Harry said, his voice ghosting out of him. 

"Something is fucking wrong." Ron hissed out. "What is it, tell us." He insisted. 

"Ron we can't push him. We shouldn't pry." Hermione hissed.

"Why the hell not? He's our best friend. What are we supposed to do? Just let him stay fuckin' miserable."

"Yes." Harry said before Hermione could reply. "I don't think I deserve to be happy anymore after all I've done." 

"Wh-what does that mean Harry?" Lately, a lot of the deaths of his friends, his family had been weighing on him. His parents had died to protect him and everyone after that... Had died because they believed he was the Chosen One. They believed he would defeat Voldemort. And while he did, it had come at a price. A price Harry was now realizing might have been too high. 

"Everyone around me gets hurt. Everyone around me dies." Harry said, voice soft and even. 

"That's not..."

"My parents. Sirius. Cedric. Mad Eye. Hedwig. Dobby. Dumbledore. Remus. Fred." Harry choked out.

"None of those deaths are your fault Harry." Hermione said. 

"Aren't they though? Didn't all of them try to help me? Weren't they around me just because of my parents sacrifice? Because of this fucking scar?" Harry demanded, pointing at his forehead. "Sometimes I just want to..." Hermione stood swiftly.