Chapter 10 ~ You disgusting pig

Lucas' POV

Kaira, Hayden, Nick and I stayed all weekend with Isla and her siblings. We were supposed to go home last night since it today is Monday and we have school, but we decided we would stay with her another night, as we don't want her to leave Isaac and Isabelle alone. We even offered to stay home with her from school, but she insisted that we go to school. She said it would be good for her, Isaac, and Isabelle to have some alone time.

I wish I would have just skipped school today. I can't think of anything, but Isla and I'm worried about her. I was planning on going to see her after school, but I forgot that we are supposed to be meeting some girl for Beth. Kaira also told me that Isla had something that she needed to do this afternoon anyways. Thankfully, Kaira volunteered to watch Isaac and Isabelle for Isla.

It was already lunch and the first half of the day seemed to drag by. I was sitting under the willow tree at lunch waiting for the others to show up. Ever since we became friends with Isla, we now always sit under the willow tree with her. Of course, today feels odd because Isla isn't at school. I don't know when she plans on coming to school, to be honest.

Hayden walks over to me with two lunches. "Dude, I know you're worried about her, but you need to eat." He says handing me the second tray.

I grab the tray from him and look at the burger and fries. Normally I would be thrilled with a burger, but my stomach is in knots. "Thanks."

I take a few bites of my food before Kaira and Nick show up. "Can we just skip the rest of the day?" Nick says while grabbing a few fries from off my tray.

"I'm in for skipping. I don't want to be history with Isla." Kaira says.

Hayden throws his stuff in the trash and leans against the giant tree, "Maybe we can head over to Isla and see if she's doing okay."

"I think she wants some alone time with Isaac and Isabelle." Kaira says. "I'm going over later this evening to watch the twins for her."

I give Kaira a puzzle look. "Where is she going?"

Kaira shrugs, "I don't know. She said she already had this planned before her parents passed away, and that it would be rude of her to cancel. I told her that they would understand why she was cancelling, but she said it might actually help her to go to the meeting."

"We have plans tonight too, but I'm sure we can stay the night once we take care of what we have to do."

"That sounds good. I told my parents about what happened, and they don't mind me staying at Isla. They're normally out of town most of the time anyways." Kaira says.

Nick smirks at her and puts his arm around her waist. "Well, baby, if you're ever feeling alone, I can stay with you," he says and winks at her.

Kaira immediately shoots him a glare. "You disgusting pig. I'm fine alone. I just want to be there for Isla to offer moral support." She punches him hard in the stomach.

"Jeez woman! You really are a violent one. I was trying to lighten up the moment." Honestly, I think Nick has a thing for Kaira. She would at least be able to put him in his place, I chuckle to myself. Hayden must be thinking the same thing because I see him trying to not to laugh at the interaction.

We start walking to the parking lot when I hear the annoying voice of Chelsea. "Lucas... Nick... Hayden..., Wait up. I just wanted to let you know that I'm having a party this weekend and y'all are invited." She looks at us and Kaira and then starts to grin. "I see that y'all have finally gotten rid of the trash. I'm glad y'all wised up." She then points at Kaira, "You can come too. I will forgive you this one time for the way you treated me the first time we met. You didn't know you were wasting your time trying to be friends with her. Isla doesn't want friends and even if she did, she was a bad friend. So, are y'all in?"