Chapter 64 ~ Don't leave me

"The doctor is here to give us and update on Isla."

Nick jumps out of his seat and runs over the doctor frantically. "Is she okay? Is my sister okay?" He cries desperately.

Nick's POV

I can barely breathe with how scared I am. I can't lose Isla. She's my family. I finally feel like I have a family, and I'm now on the verge of losing it all because of some stupid jealous bitch. I swear if I ever see Chelsea again, she's going to wish she was dead once I'm through with her.

"I'm Doctor Montez." A young woman says with a solemn face. "Isla was shot twice. The first bullet passed through her lower abdomen. While that bullet wasn't life threatening, it may cause problems later on in life if she decides to start a family."

"So, that means she's okay?" If she's talking about Isla having issues in the future with starting a family that must mean she's going to make it, right?

Dr. Montez sighs. "The second bullet was shot through her chest and hit her lung. She's lost a lot of blood and flat line twice during surgery. She's in critical condition and I don't know if she will make it through the next twenty-four hours. If she makes it through the next twenty-four hours, she will stand a better chance."

She's in critical condition and I don't know if she will make it through the next twenty-four hours. This can't be real. She has to be lying. I can't lose Isla. She's in critical condition and I don't know if she will make it through the next twenty-four hours. Anger. Anger and rage are all that I am feeling at the moment. Isla has completely changed my life. If it wasn't for her, I would be miserable. Isla hasn't even been in my life for a year and now I might lose her. I can't. I just can't. When I call her my little sister, it's because that is how I see her. She is my family, and I can't lose her.

I'm breaking here and I don't know what to do. I've never felt this much anguish or pain. The emotional pain is so strong right now that I can physically feel it. I'm hurting from the inside out. I need someone to comfort me, but as I turn to my friends, they are in no better shape than me. In fact, I think some of them are doing worse than me. Tyler is fuming. You can see the anger built up inside of him. I swear I see smoke coming from his ears.

Killian and Sofia are trying to comfort each other. Like me, Isla brought a happiness into their lives that they had never really experienced, but then again, anyone who truly gets to know Isla would realize just how special she is. She's the only person I know who can turn a horrible situation into something amazing. She would know how to cheer us all up in this moment. She would be able to put a smile on all of our faces right now, but she can't. She can't because she is the one lying in a bed, fighting for dear life.

Finally, I look over to Luke and Hayden. Guilt is written across both of their faces. They are both blaming themselves for this and to be honest there's a small part of me that kind of blames them too. I know it's not really their faults, but I can't help all of the what ifs that are floating in my head. What if Hayden hadn't kissed her? What if Hayden hadn't made her cry this morning? What if she hadn't talked to Luke? What if Luke could have just been happy for her?

I can't blame them. I want to, but they don't need that. Hayden and Luke are both hurting. If Isla doesn't make it through the night, I'm worried what the two of them are going to do. I fear I'll wake up tomorrow to only find out that not only did I lose Isla, but that my two best friends are gone too. Luke mentally can handle Isla dying, and I fear Hayden will fall so deep into a depression that he will never make it out alive.

"When can we see her?" Tyler growls at the doctor.

Dr. Montez responds in a calm quiet voice. "I think it would be best if Ms. Camarillo didn't have any visitors at this time."