Chapter 72 ~ You will Always be my Angel

Hayden's POV

I'm stunned. I won't stand in your way. I knew Luke said he wanted Isla to be happy and that he wouldn't force her to choose his friendship over a relationship with me, but I never thought he would actually back down. A smile starts to form on my face until I look at Isla. She's shocked by Luke's actions.

I need to say something. I want to say something, but what? How do I fix everything that has gone wrong in the past several days? Even with Luke saying he won't leave her if she's with me, does she believe it? Does she still feel the same way about me? She's been trying to keep me away from herself. Why would she do that if she really loves me?

"Hayden, did you want to talk about everything?" Her voice drowns out the questions in my head. Unlike earlier, she's not pushing me away. She scoots over in her bed giving me a place to sit. She wants me near her.

"Yeah," I say as a small smile finds its way onto my face. As I sit beside her, I dare myself to grab her hand and intertwine our fingers. She leans her head on my shoulder as we sit in silence for a while. Neither of us say a word because just being together is enough. "I'm sorry, Isla, I-

She covers my mouth with her hand. "It's not you that should be sorry, it's me. I wasn't thinking on how you might feel with me not wanting you to see me. I just hate that I've caused you so many problems. I feel like all I do is cause problems for everyone. You and Luke were best friends and because of me the two of you don't even get along." Tears make their way down her face as she continues. "I wanted to see you. I wanted to see you more than anyone else, but I was afraid. I was afraid that you hated me or that you would be mad at me."

Letting go of her hand, I wrap my arm around her and pull her into me as close as I can. "I could never hate you. I love you, Isla. I really do. I wasn't mad at you. Why would I be?" I take a deep breath. "I was scared. I was scared that I was going to lose you and never see you again. I was scared that you weren't going to wake up, but mad.... I was never mad. I love you."

"I love you too, Hayden." She whispers. Those five words... I love you too, Hayden. She honestly has no clue how they make me feel. I want to scream at the top of my lungs with excitement.

"Love," I start to say, but stop when I notice she has fallen asleep in my arms. Knowing that she loves me, it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm floating on cloud nine and I never want this moment to end. With the peace that has found its way in my heart, I soon fall asleep too laying with my Love in my arms.

Killian's POV

"They are so adorable together." Sofia whispers.

"I bet we look cuter than they do when we sleep." Nick laughs.

"Ewww. Shut up. I don't want to think about you and my sister sleeping." I groan.

"They do look happy." Luke says with a genuine smile on his face. I'm glad he's come to terms with Hayden and Isla being together. I told Luke if he ever needs someone to talk to, I'll always be here for him.

"They're waking up because y'all can't shut up." Tyler growls as Hayden and Isla start to move around a bit.

"Good they need to wake up because Isla has visitors here to see her." My sister laughs.

Isla's snuggles deeper into Hayden's chest. "I don't really count y'all as visitors." She says with a small yawn.

"Oh yeah?" Nick says as he jumps onto Hayden and Isla. "Then who am I?"

"Ouch!" Isla yelps. "I'm still in a lot of pain, Nick."

"You big idiot, get off of her." Sofia hisses as she hits him with a pillow. "What the hell is wrong with you?"