Chapter 60 ~ Control your girlfriend

As we open her bedroom door to head downstairs, our eyes widen in shock when we are met with a petrified Nick, a fuming Sofia and a pissed off Tyler. Well, Fuck.

Isla's POV

Shit. What are the three of them doing standing outside of my door and how long have they been there? "Sit! Now!" Sofia says with so much venom dripping from her voice that the devil himself wouldn't go up against her. My head is spinning in turmoil. Today has been too much for me and it's barely twelve in the afternoon.

Hayden and I take a seat on my bed as the other three walks in and lock the door behind them. Nick looks scared. No, scared would be an understatement. Nick looks horrified. Tyler leans against my door with his arms crossed over his chest and Sofia looks like she is about to come unglued. "Did something happen?" Hayden asks nervously.

"Did something happen?" Tyler says in a mocking tone. "How about the two of you tell us what is happening."

Sofia walks over to Hayden and shoves her finger harshly into his chest. "I should fucking cut you." She hisses at him. Hayden gulps loudly and if it wasn't for the seriousness of the situation that we are in, I would have found it quite funny. "I swear, Hayden Gear, if you ever make Isla cry again, you will wish that I would have killed you tonight." Hayden nods his head completely frightened by Sofia.

Sofia looks at me and sighs, "Really Isla?"

"I-I don't know what to say. I know how much you wanted me to date your brother. Are you upset with me? Do you not want to be friends anymore?" I can't believe I messed up another friendship.

Sofia rolls her eyes, "Isla." She sighs. "Yes, I am upset with you, but not because you won't be dating Killian. I'm upset with you because you allowed yourself to suffer all alone. You've been in here crying all by yourself. We're supposed to be best friends, which we still are, but if you're hurting you should know that you can always come to me. Even if we don't always agree on the same thing, I'll always be here for you. I know Chelsea and Kaira didn't care about when you were hurting, but I do." She pulls me into a hug. It's warm, caring and exactly what I needed.

Hayden clears his throat, causing Sofia and I to break apart from our hug. "Are you going to kill me?" he asks timidly.

"No." She says before punching him hard in his arm. She smirks as he winces and rubs the spot she hit. "You deserved that for making her cry." She tells him.

"So, y'all are a couple now, right?" Tyler asks, coming closer to all of us.

"W-what?" I ask, unsure of exactly what they know.

Tyler laughs, "Sofia and I were walking by your door when we heard you crying. Nick saw us and tried to hide, but Sofia caught him and made him confess to everything he knew."

"So, are y'all official or what?" Sofia asks.

"Um no not exactly." I hesitantly say. "We haven't talked about us yet."

"What?" Sofia and Tyler say in unison.

"Boy. What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. You." Sofia says smacking Hayden in between each word.

Hayden tries to block her hits. "Damnit Nick, control your girlfriend."

"Babe-" Nick starts to say but Sofia glares at him, causing him to shut up. "Sorry, Hayden. You're on your own."

Tyler is laughing at the whole situation, making a few laughs even escape me. Once Sofia stops smacking Hayden, he glares at Nick. "I'm guessing Nick didn't tell y'all everything." Hayden growls. "We haven't talked about us yet, but we will, just not here now."

"Umm, Sofia, is Killian going to be mad at me?"

"No. He talked to me yesterday after y'all had a talk about what happened at the carnival. He kind of figured your heart already belonged to someone else. He really just wants you to be happy. You deserve to be happy."

I look at Tyler who is now smiling at me. "Are you mad at me?" I ask hesitantly.

"Nope. I figured after what I did to you, I didn't really stand a chance. Trust me, Isla, I can't be mad at you. You have given me more than you realize. You gave me real friends. People who actually care about me and that means more to me than you will ever realize."

Hayden grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. "So, I guess I now need to tell Killian and Luke. Oh crap. Luke. How do you think Luke is going to take it?" I say looking at each of my friends.

Each and every one of them has a sullen look. Nick gulps, "I-I don't know honestly. I hope he will understand, but he's in love with you." Hayden's grip tightens around my hand.

Sofia looks lost for words. "I don't know Isla. I only know about Killian because I'm his sister, so he talks to me."

Tyler refuses to make eye contact with me. "He's not going to take it well, but I think he will eventually be okay." His eyes finally meet mine. "Just don't take it too personally if he gets upset with you, okay?" I nod my head. I'll understand if Luke is mad at me. I just don't want him to completely exile me from his life. "You on the other hand," Tyler says to Hayden, "He's going to hate you."

Hayden nods his head, "Yeah I'm kind of expecting that."

There's a lump in my throat, and I'm starting to feel sick. I know I want to date Hayden, but I can't. Or at least I can't until I talk to you Luke. If Luke can't accept me and Hayden, then I don't know if I can date Hayden.

Hayden means the world to me. He's my happiness that I've been searching for, but that doesn't mean I can just push Luke out of my life. I've lost him once before and I can't handle losing him again. Suddenly I can't breathe. This feeling in the pit of my stomach is far worse than anything I've felt in a while. I think the only thing that compares to it is my parents' death.

I love Luke. I really do, but not in the way he wants me to love him. He was my best friend all through elementary. I missed him every day after he left in the sixth grade. It was almost as if he had died. We had no contact once so ever, and I didn't know if I would ever see him again. That can't happen again. If he leaves this time, I know for fact that I'll never see or hear from him again. It will be as if he died, and I can't handle that. Because if Luke disappears out of my life because of Hayden, no matter how hard I'll try to be happy with Hayden, I won't be. Luke will always haunt my mind. I need and want Luke in my life as a friend. I know I sound selfish. I sound stupid. I should be happy because Hayden makes me happy, but I need Luke. I need to find Luke. I need to find him now. We have to talk before I do anything else.