Chapter 54 ~ How could I forget you

Isla's POV

What is wrong with me? Why did I kiss him back? Don't get me wrong, I like Killian, I really do. But I also like Hayden and Luke. This is all my fault. I should have never kissed him on the cheek. I didn't mean anything by it. I thought that it would be a cute picture. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm sure Nick, Sofia and Killian are mad at me for running away. To make matters worse, Sofia and Nick were fighting, and it's all my fault. If they break up, I'll never forgive myself.

Since I have no clue as to where anything is around here, I head back to the car and wait for them to show up. I don't want to cry, but the tears still find a way to slip down my face. I'm so scared that I've screwed things up. Like always, I wallow in self-pity. I've become accustomed to it by now.

I soon hear footsteps getting closer to me. Well, at least we can go home now. "Hey, are you okay?" a voice that I don't recognize asks. I look up to find a girl about my age hovering over me.

I quickly wipe my tears. How embarrassing. It seems like people are always finding me in this type of situation. "I'm okay. Thank you for asking," I reply as I stand up from the ground.

The girl gives me a concerned look, "Are you sure? You look really upset. I'm not trying to pry; I just want to make sure you're okay."

I give her a small smile. "Yes, I'm okay. I just wasn't thinking clearly and did something I shouldn't have done."

"I'm Zoe, Zoe Hunter," she says, putting her hand out for me to shake.

"Isla Camarillo."

"Are you here alone? If you are, you can join me and my friend. He should be here any minute now."

"I'm here with a few of my friends too." At least I hope they're still my friends.

Soon a guy joins here. "Isla this is my best friend, Thomas White and Thomas—"

"You!" he interrupts.

"Me?" I ask, confused. He looks familiar, but I can't figure from where.

"Yes, you. How could I forget you? You and your boyfriend made a huge mess at the grocery store that I had to clean up."

Crap. Panic rushes through my veins. "I am so sorry. I don't normally do things like that. It was my friend's idea. We've just been through a lot lately, so he was trying to get me to have some fun, which by no means does that make it okay for what we did. Do you want money? I can give you money. Oh gosh, once I start ranting, I just can't seem to stop." I ramble on before coving my face with my hands in embarrassment.

"It's okay," he chuckles. "And, no I don't want your money. I'm Thomas, as my friend already told you."

I slowly look at him and shake his hand. "Isla."

"So, that guy with you wasn't your boyfriend? Y'all seemed really close."

"No, he's a friend. Him and five other friends live with me. Plus, my two younger siblings and my friends' younger sister. We're like a family."

"He seemed to like you more than in a friend way." Thomas smirks.

I scrunch up my nose. This is not the type of conversation that I had planned on having with strangers. "He does, as well as three other guys that live with me. Wow. I have no earthly clue on why I am telling the two of you this. I'm sorry, I can't seem to get my mouth under control right now." No shit. That's why you kissed Killian.

"I don't think I've seen you around before. Are you new?" Zoe questions.

"Yes. We just moved here last week."