Chapter 33 ~ Please don't call the cops

Isla's POV

Luke pulls up to their driveway and kills the engine. We walk to their door, where we can hear screaming and things being thrown from inside. Nick reaches for the door handle but turns his head to look at me first. In a very low voice he says, "Stay behind us and if any one of us says run, then run." Nick turns the doorknob and luckily, it is unlocked. He slowly opens the door, letting us see the living room. The sight before us is more than I can bear.

The sight before us looks like a crime scene. Wait. It is a crime scene. The four of us are shaking with a fear as we slowly enter the house. Littered across the floor are broken beer bottles and fast food wrappers. Blood droplets are splattered on the walls. The house is a mess and by the looks of it, it has been for some time. My heart begins to sink in my chest. This isn't anyway for someone to live.

My eyes wander around the living room until they land on something—or should I say, someone. Killian's lifeless body is covered in blood and bruises laying on a broken glass coffee table. My feet have a mind of their own as they rush me to Killian's side. I place my two fingers on the side of his neck to find a pulse. I release the breath that I was holding as I feel his pulse. "Guys," I whisper yell. "Help. Killian's hurt."

"Killian. Please wake up," I beg. I look over his body. There is a large cut on the side of his face. His lip is busted, his eyes are swollen so badly that I don't think he could open them even if he tried. I shake him slightly hoping for some sort of response, but I get nothing. He's unconscious.

There is someone yelling upstairs. I tremble in fear, knowing we still need to find Sofia and Emma. As the screaming gets louder, Nick finally shows up by my side. "Fucking hell," he mumbles under his breath. "I need to get him out of here." Nick hoists Killian up and carries him to my SUV. I help Nick by opening the door to the vehicle. Once we have Killian laying down in the vehicle, I lock the door so no one can get in and hurt him more. I look at him again through the window to see his blood dripping on the seats of my SUV, but I don't care. That is the least of my problems. Right now, I'm worried about him and his sisters.

Nick and I make our way back into the house. As we enter the house, I hear Hayden yell, "Get the hell away from her!" Before Nick or I can run upstairs, Luke and Hayden shove a huge muscular man down the stairs. He reeks from the smell of alcohol. The man is covered in tattoos and stands tall. From the looks of it, he's probably a good three or four inches taller than Nick. and Nick is 6'4. The guy tumbles down the stairs, but quickly catches his footing. For an extremely drunk guy, he is quite graceful on his feet. Nick hastily pulls me behind him to shield me from the drunken beast. After seeing the state Killian is in, I can only imagine what he could do to me.

When the guy notices Nick, he lunges at him, but Nick punches him hard in the gut. The guy groans in pain, but rapidly recovers. "Hide!" Nick yells at me as the guy comes at Nick again. The drunken man lunges for Nick, but this time he doesn't miss him and hits Nick in the chest.

Nick doubles over in pain and I scream. The man's attention is now on me. "H-Hayden! L-Luke! H-help!" My voice echoes through the house. Footsteps can be heard running down the stairs. Luke tackles the man as he charges towards me. Hayden helps Luke grab the man and they throw him out the front door before locking it so he can't get back in.

"Open up or I will burn this house to the ground," the man rages as he pounds on the front door. Once the man has tired himself out from beating the door, he stumbles down the street, ranting on and on loudly.

Without thinking, I run upstairs, not worrying if I will find more danger or not. The only thing on my mind is I need to find Sofia and Emma. I walk into a bedroom that has two twin beds. This must be Sofia and Emma's room.