Chapter 26 ~ I guess I will be repeating senior year

Isla's POV

There is something familiar and strange about Sofia. I want to be her friend, but I'm also afraid to be her friend. What if she turns out to be like Kaira? I also don't understand why she has saved an empty spot in each of our classes so far. Maybe this is some type of trick set up by Chelsea and Kaira. I don't understand what the point of getting the fight postponed until after school was going to do for any of us besides make us stress all day. Luke, Hayden, Nick, and I all know what Chelsea is capable of and it doesn't help that Kaira is now on her side.

I wouldn't put it past her to actually try and kill one of us. Let's be honest, if she's going to kill one of us it's going to be me. The second and third periods were like first, except we didn't have Chelsea in either class. Kaira used to have art at the same time that we now have art but switch to cheerleading to be with Chelsea. I can't believe she fooled me so easily. It is now time for lunch, but none of us feel very hungry except for Sofia. She went and bought her lunch and her friend's lunch.

I don't know how she can eat when half of the school is planning to attack all of us once the final bell rings. "Y'all aren't eating?" Sofia asks as she walks over carrying two lunch trays.

I shake my head. "If I knew this was our last meal, I would have had Hayden make lunch for us," Nick says.

"If I knew we were going to die at school today, I would have skipped it altogether," Hayden groans.

Luke groans. "If we miss any more school, we aren't going to be graduating this year."

"Talk for yourselves, I made up all of my work from being absent except for the group the projects," I hiss.

Nick looks at me smugly. "Do you mean the group projects that we are a part of with you?" He smirks.

"Crap. I guess I will be repeating a senior year," I pout.

Everyone starts laughing at me until Hayden says, "Love, we wouldn't do that to you."

I look at our new friend who has a huge smile on her face. How can she be smiling when she knows what Chelsea and Kaira have planned for us later? "I thought your friend was joining us for lunch," I say to Sofia.

With a mouth full of pizza, she responds, "Soon..."

How is she so calm about all of this? "Are you sure you want your friend to join us. I just cause trouble for anyone who is near me. Your friend doesn't need to get beaten up because of me."

Sofia stops eating just to stare at me. "It's fine," she says as she waves me off like it's no big deal.

I really hate myself right now. If it wasn't for me, my friends wouldn't have to worry about being bullied or attacked at school. My friends are going to be attacked after school and it's all my fault. I was better off alone. It was better when the whole school only hated me. Stupid me had to drag my friends into this. I try to blink away the tears to not let my friends see them, but I fail as Hayden looks over at me. "Isla, what's wrong?" He wipes some of my tears away.

"Please don't cry." The mood around us because of somber.

This is my fault. I can't allow this to happen. As anger and frustration builds in me, I can no longer control my emotions. "Stop! Just stop," I lash out.

"Stay away from me. All of you. Please," I whimper.

Nick looks hurt. "Why do you want us to stay away? Isla, you are our friend."

"I shouldn't be. It was all a mistake." I cry as I put my head in my hands.

Luke places his finger under my chin forcing me to look at him. "Do you honestly believe that?"