♔︎|𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱

“𝐈𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠?”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
«𝐂 𝐔 𝐑 𝐒 𝐄 𝐃»
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vincentius Dante

I WAS NERVOUS. What was the mate bond doing to me? Why did I suddenly act so defensive around my mate? Oh, Bellamy. What are you doing to me?

"You have a crush on her, brother," Lukas said from behind me. I turned around and saw him wiggling his eyebrows. Seriously? A crush?

"No-not at all. I don't do these crush things," I instantly replied. I turned my back towards Lukas so that he couldn't see me.

"Oh, really, brother? What do you do then? Wait, I know. You care about your mate and then act as if she's the last person you're bothered about. Or wait, how about the fact that you stay in your office a little longer so that you don't have to face her? Oh no, wait, how about that you asked Damien to go and ask Bellamy if she needed anything when we came back from the forest?" Lukas said as he tried proving his point.

I was stunned for a moment but put in my best efforts to cover it up.

Why did you have to cover up, Vincent? A voice in my head said.

"No, I didn't say anything to Damien and-and I have extra work going around that I need to handle. Whatever you have in your mind is foolish. Now I need to see how my wolves are doing and don't even think about following me around!" I snapped.

Momentarily, Lukas stared at me silently and motionlessly, and then he snickered like a little kid.

"Whatever you say, brother," he said with a teasing smirk playing at his lips. I sunk back into my chair as I recalled the conversation that I'd had with Damien the other day:

"King, you called?" Damien had said as he entered my office and stood in front of me. His face had oozed concern.

"Yes, I did. I-uh I want you to do me a favor," I said as I racked my brain for a less suspicious way of wording my concerns.

"King, pardon me, but did you say favor? I mean do you want me to do you a favor?" Saying Damien had looked confused would be an understatement. He looked like he'd just discovered that fish can't live out of water.

"Yes, Damien. Am I not allowed to ask you for a favor?" I raised one of my brows intimidatingly.

"Haha. No, I was joking, King." He chuckled nervously. I'd let a smile flicker onto my face.

"Relax, I am just kidding." I chuckled.

"King, are you okay? You're quite in a mood today," Damien had said. His words had irked me and I, too, had begun to question my behavior.