chapter 9

Petra cubonova as Ariana Carter

Ariana

I rushed into the hospital a clean antiseptic environment the smell of disinfectant,drug and whatever that smell is hit my nose, I scrunch my nose in distaste. Every wall white seriously why can't another color be used. Evey nurse was busy attending to a patient. I hate hospital it refreshes my memory of my parent death. 

I rushed to the nurse at the table
"good evening am Ariana my sister was rushed here now she had an accident"
"what her name"
"Anne Carter" she searched the computer
"oh okay she is in the ICU in the fifth floor walk straight and then turn left the elevator is at the right fill this form " she said giving me the form
I filled it with shaky fingers and rushed to the elevator at the right.

Arriving at the fifth floor I walked straight and turned left I sat down waiting for the doctor sobbing i was really worried what if she doesn't survive God forbid I don't know what I will do she is the only one I have left.
Drake hands were on my shoulder hugging me and kissed my forehead I hugged him tightly I needed someone right now.

Two hours later the doctor came out we rushed to him
"doctor how is anne" I asked desperately
"miss Carter come with me"  we followed him to his office.
We sat down his eyes fell on Drake he was surprised and then smiled at Drake.
"Drake how are you"
"am good man longest time how are you Micheal"
"good too" they exchanged bro hugs.
"so drake why are you here " doctor Micheal asked
"my girlfriend sis Anne had an accident"
Drake replied intertwining our  fingers. I smiled shyly
"okay then back to Anne she had a fatal accident meaning she is in a critical condition now, her head was hit bad, she has hematomas at a small part of her brain, she went in hypovolemic shock, she has four broken ribs her arm was broken too.

A sob broke out from my lips oh lord.

"the surgery we had was successful we were able to stop the hypovolemic shock and induce coma to aid her recovery faster.

"but she is not out of danger yet we need to perform craniotomy for hematomas, surgery for the ribs and arm.

"please can you start the surgery immediately " I asked
"we will if you deposit money for the surgery first before we can commence any surgery" Micheal replied
"how much is the surgery"
"the total amount is $385,000 you can pay half for the deposit if you sign some file you will pay back soon" Micheal said loosing his tie

Oh lord where will I get such amount from even if I rack Anne and my account it still won't reach half.

"we have to start the surgery immediately to avoid further complication you have at least a day or two"

How do I get such amount in a day or two.  A lone tear fell from my eye.

******************