- chapter one

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade : chapter one

fade : chapter one

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          EVERYTHING AROUND HER IS DARK. The only thing she can hear is the beating of her own heart, blood rushing through her veins, her unsteady breathing. There's a blaster in her hand. She could shoot if she wanted to, but there's nothing to aim at. Suddenly, she feels scared. Terrified, even. Hair at the back of her neck stands up, and she looks around her desperately. A voice in her head tells her to do it, and she understands that it means for her to shoot the blaster, but she doesn't want to. She doesn't know at whom.

          The space around her lights up for a split second as the gun fires without any help of her finger, and she swears she can see the faces of the countless people she has murdered on behalf of the first order all around her. She can hear the voices of their loved ones, their children crying out in terror, and it echoes through the space. The victims are on their knees, tears falling down their faces as their plead for their lives. She stops listening. Florence closes her eyes, not wanting to hear it any longer. It's killing her. All the death. All the bloodshed. For nothing. Her victims never know anything. Or at least they never get the chance to tell her if they do know. The orders are to kill them. And she does. Mercilessly.

          When she opens her eyes, it's quiet. The blaster is no longer in her hand. "You have failed me." A voice says, layered behind apparatus. It sounds robotic, and frankly, she has always hated that mask and the voice-altering that comes with it. "You refused orders," he says. Florence stares out into the dark abyss, the voice surrounds her, echoes throughout her entire body, it consumes her, but she's not scared. Kylo Ren doesn't frighten her.

          "You have betrayed me." He speaks, this time without the helmet. She hardly recognizes the voice, for she doesn't often hear him without all the apparatus — but it is without a doubt Ben Solo speaking to her. Florence frowns to herself. She tries extending her arm, tries to find something in the darkness, just something to hold on to. She cannot move.

          Her breathing gets heavier as someone towers over her, a breath hot against the skin of her forehead. "Forgive me," he speaks yet again, and before Florence can question what he's asking forgiveness for, the red crossguard lightsaber ignites into her abdomen. She stares into the darkness, searching for her killer, but not even with the red light of the lightsaber can she spot him.

[...]

          Florence shoots up in bed, beads of sweat on her forehead and in the nape of her neck. She catches her breath, trying to steady her hammering heartbeat by grasping at her bedsheets, thoughts scattered as she tries to makes sense what she just dreamt about. Once her rapid breathing has slowed down, she glances over at the clock on her bedside table. It is no later than four in the morning, but there's no reason to even attempt at going back to sleep. She's too riled up, adrenaline rushing through her being. Instead, she gets dressed and heads out in search of something to do.