- chapter thirty-six

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter thirty-six ─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

FLORENCE HAD NOT EXPECTED EXEGOL to be pleasant in any means of the word, but she had not expected it to be such a horrid planet. Everything tinged in a blue light with thunder striking down, shaking her very being as she steps out of the TIE-fighter onto what could only be described as a desert wasteland with winds bringing a foul scent of decay. It makes sense that the emperor would choose such a place to hide in. It's hard to find and horrible to be on, not many would voluntarily choose to find themselves here. But they do. They have to be here.

Rey has already found her way there. How long she has been is unclear, but an old X-Wing is stood at the entrance, the wayfinder Ben used is hooked up to the system.

Ben looks at her, incredibly on edge about what's to come. She shouldn't be there. She really shouldn't. As much as her powers may come in handy, and he has no doubts she will be able to fend for herself, his heart is in his throat at the thought of anything happening to her. And yet she is the one out of the two of them who has an upper hand. At least she has more than a blaster to defend herself, his mother's lightsaber. There is not a doubt in his mind that his mother fell in love with Florence the same way he did. It feels only right that she received her saber. He is proud of her, genuinely so.

But it is too late to try and convince her to turn around. Even if he tried, he is certain that his efforts would be futile. Once Florence has set her mind to something, there is no convincing her otherwise. Especially not if it's regarding a friend of hers. Rey needs their help, so he leads her inside toward the platform that should take them down — only, now that Rey has used it, it is not waiting for them. It is on the bottom already.

"You're gonna have to-" he watches as she throws herself down onto the giant chains, understanding what she needs to do. "Jump."

"Way ahead of you," she chuckles, sliding down with ease. Ben follows, landing much more harshly on top of the chain.

"Ouch." He mutters, following her down.

"This way." He says one they're down underground, surrounded by tall sculptures carved into walls. He leads her to the left and towards the emperor, this time with more speed than the last time he was here. Florence is rushing to find Rey, terrified for her wellbeing.

As they come out into an opening, Ben halts to a stop. Florence is confused at first, but look up to find that they have become surrounded by the knights of Ren who are stepping out of the shadows around them.
Florence immediately kicks into protection mode, well aware that Ben is without weapon. She ignites the lightsaber, prepared to fight them all off if she has to.