- chapter six

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter six

fade: chapter six

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

         BEN SOLO ISN'T EXACTLY A BAD TEACHER, rather, Florence figures she's just a bad learner. She doesn't understand the force, how it works, what it does and much less how to use it. But he insists she knows what it is, she just has to connect with it properly. Already knackered from the last half an hour of trying to do as Ben says, she releases a heavy huff, wiping sweat off of her brow.

         "Close your eyes," he says, watching as she nods, doing just as told. "Reach out, not physically, but within yourself."

          She sighs. "What exactly am I supposed to find?"

          He hesitates for half a second. "You'll know."  He replies, watching her carefully. They should be somewhere better than in an empty room of a dreadnought, but this is war. There aren't many options.

          Despite her doubts, she nods dutifully. She breathes slowly, in and out as she tries to find herself in the mess that is her mind. It's dark, but she swears she can see a light coming from somewhere. Voices fill her head, whispers behind her ears. She ignores them, she always does. Instead she goes deeper, feeling a certain harmony in her soul, clear as day. Almost as if she could reach out and touch it. "I don't understand it, but I feel it, I think. I see it."

A mother cradling a newborn in her arms. "Life." That same woman falling onto the ground from a shot in back. "Death."

A seed growing into a flower. "growth" that same flower slowly dying. "decay."

        Sun shining through a window, casting light upon the floor. "Warmth." Dark clouds covering the rays of the sun, rain slowly falling. "Cold."

         A community of people living peacefully on the outskirts of an unknown planet. "Peace." A family being threatened at gunpoint by a load of stormtroopers. Her family. "Violence."

           "And between it all?" He asks, quoting his uncle, trying not to wince at the memories that come back to him as the words leave his lips. Florence opens her eyes, meeting his.

            "A balance. A force." She whispers, uncertainty and intrigue coloring her tone.

            "Exactly. The force isn't something you or I possess, we don't own it. It surrounds every living being."