- chapter twenty-seven

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade : chapter twenty-seven

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          SHE KNOWS IMMEDIATELY THAT it is a dream, or, more truthfully, it is a memory. She opens her eyes and finds herself lying on the floor of the training room back on the supremacy. They just sparred, Ben winning as always — he is hovering above her, holding himself up with his hands, eyes staring into hers.

          "Watch it, if you fall, I'm afraid you'd crush me." Florence says with a light laugh. Ben nods, rolling to the side so that they're laid side by side, staring up at the ceiling. Florence glances at him.

"You're becoming stronger," he breathes, hand on his chest. He looks up at the bright lights above, fighting an uncontrollable urge to look at her. He finds himself often fighting against that part of him, begging to just look at her, if not able to do more than that — she may very well be the most beautiful thing he has ever laid eyes on. Ethereal, glowing with a beauty unlike no other he has ever met. He never wants to look away.

"What, I'm finally becoming a bit of a match for you?" She smirks at him. He forces himself to look at her then, unable to hold a smile in. She is his and his only. Sometimes it doesn't seem real.

"Well, yeah. Only slightly." He replies with humor.

"Shut up," she nudges him in the side. "One day I'll beat you, and you can hold me to that." She says confidently. One day.

       He nods, eyes closed to shield from the bright lights of the gym. "Oh I don't doubt it."

"Is that sarcasm I hear?" She lets out a laugh, propping herself up on her elbows to get a better look at him.

He joins her in laughter. "I would, but I mean it. With me as your teacher-"

"I'll be unstoppable?" She raises a brow. She has heard it all before. It's quite pretentious, she thinks. But she does not despite the thought of it — them, together, fighting bad. Yes, against bad. She knows he till turn, in time, she will make sure of it.

"We'll be unstoppable," he corrects her.

           She leans over and kisses him then, and he allows her to. Trying to keep everything behind closed doors has become a challenge, but at least they are alone in this gym. He doesn't even care if anyone comes in — it is the last thing on his mind as she hoists herself up on top of him, not breaking their lips apart.