- chapter eight

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

 fade : chapter eight

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

BEN SOLO CAN'T REMEMBER the last time he felt this much conflict. He is completely and utterly fascinated with Florence Naya. There is a rare sensitivity to her that he hasn't seen in, maybe, anyone ever. And he adores it. He adores her in a way he knows he shouldn't, in a way he isn't allowed to.

He remembers the day they first met very well. Hux had been raving about this girl with silver hair for quite sometime, said she was sharp and clever with incredible blaster and combat skills. Finally, she'd been transferred to operate under Hux's supervision. She'd looked rather lost, but completely in awe at the sheer size of the star destroyer, eyes wide and childlike with excitement. Hux's description had not been wrong, her white hair was pulled up into an exquisite braided do, resting on the back of her head. And though she had looked so scared from far away, short in stature, small amongst the sea of troopers around them. But up close, when you could take in every detail of her face, she looked different.

    She looked like she could conquer worlds. Determined and dangerous, like she could challenge death with a roll of the eyes. But she had smiled at them, nodded dutifully and made sure to greet the entire squad, even the nameless stormtroopers, and she hadn't paid special attention to him. She treated them all like equals. People loved that about her; the way she looked at the world with a subjective lens, treating everything the same no matter which rank they belonged to.

He had been lost for quite some time, determined but unconfused, torn between to sides and two beliefs. But there she was, pretty as the sunset, and things made more sense after that. All he knew was that he would do the most to spend as much time with her.

"Have I bored you with my rambling?" Florence asks, pulling Ben out of his daydreaming. She had noticed him spacing out, looking away. Even under that mask, she can see his distraction. As she looks at him, part of her can't believe she's comfortable enough around him to have a casual conversation.

"No," he says, but it doesn't convince either of them. He looks at her, eyes quickly traveling to her exposed arm, bruised from their training, blue and purple from where his stick has collided with her skin.

For the past couple of weeks, their training has escalated. Each day he's tried harder to make it tougher for her to hold her own against him in combat, and he's thrown more challenges at her when it comes to her usage of the force. Her largest weakness is her insecurity. It holds her back. But she's strong. He wonders often about her parents, who they were, she truly comes from nothing or if someone in her family was also strong with the force.