- chapter five

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter five

fade: chapter five

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

         SAT IN THE MEDICAL WING of the star destroyer, Florence and Ben are completely quiet. The air in the room is thick, static. She almost struggles to draw breath. Small droids are fixing up their wounds, applying bandages and using some otherworldly tech to replenish their connective tissue. Wincing slightly at the pain in her right shoulder as it's being sown together, she watches them patch up the wound on Ben's lower abdomen.

         "That looks nasty." She comments quietly, a disgusted frown forming on her face. His eyes meet hers for just a moment.

          He looks down at the wound, gently touching it with the tips of his fingers, careful not to get in the way of the small droids. He nods slowly in agreement.

          Florence manages a small, sympathetic smile. He doesn't seem to notice, eyes lost in thought. She sighs quietly, head cocked to the side as she thinks about what happened just two days ago. She let them escape. She could've stopped them, they could've had Rey and Finn in their custody by now. She let them go, and for some, horrible, unexplainable reason, she feels guilty about it. "The girl-"

          "She's unimportant right now." He cuts her off, a look on his face that Florence cannot quite place. He looks away, eyes trained on the wall.

          She chuckles wryly. "We both know that's not true."

          "No, I mean right now, in this moment."

          "Oh," she says, looking down at her hands, suddenly feeling rather uncomfortable, wondering what the hell he means by that. She doesn't blame him for wanting just a moment of calm before they walk out of that room and into the war again. "Remember what you told me about the force? I'd like to learn more. I want you to teach me."

           "Figured you'd change your mind." He says confidently, a hint of a smirk on his face.

          "Am I really that predictable?" She asks humorously, glancing up at him, fiddling anxiously with her cuticles.

          He shakes his head. "No." For a moment, silence rests between them. "It's funny. I never seemed to like anyone around here, not anyone, until you came along. I don't seem to hate you."

          She takes a moment to think about her next words. "I've gained an understanding of you over the years. I know hardly anything about you, who you really are, but I know that Kylo Ren is just a persona. There's someone else in there. I like that other person, I like Ben Solo." She clenches her jaw, looking up at him with soft eyes but a hard exterior - nervous about having used his real name, the fact that she just said so much about her personal feelings. She's not used to being personal, intimate, with anyone. The first order doesn't do personal.