- epilogue part one

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: epilogue part ONE

fade: epilogue
part ONE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THEY SETTLE ON NABOO. In a big estate with a large surrounding garden, they find themselves truly home. It is situated on the outskirts of a trading settlement a bit outside of Theed: they're not too far from anything yet perfectly far away from everything that the surrounding area around their house is dead silent, save for the birds singing in the mornings and chirping throughout the day. Naboo is like nothing she has ever seen, the beauty just astounding to her. Every single pillar and every wall is filled with details and pretty fabrics make for gorgeous decorations. It is everything she wanted and more.

Ben and Florence marry on a terrace in front of a lake, surrounded by mountains and gorgeous, vibrant greenery. The ceremony is short and sweet. All they want is to make it official, the rest they could care less about. Whatever they want to say, they both already know. There is no need for extravagant speeches, or any audience for that matter. It is just the two of them and a priest who makes it truly official; Florence Solo.

They carry many names and many bloodlines together; Solo, Skywalker, Organa, Naberrie, Kenobi. Naya. But ultimately, Ben Solo comes to accept the man his parents wanted him to be. He does not hate his name any longer, for how could he, when he shares it with the love of his life? It seems only right to keep the name his parents gave him and Florence is adamant he keeps it because she loves the way it sounds. Florence and Ben Solo. He can only agree.

In the months to come, the two do the most they can to make their house feel like home. Decorating; twisting and turning everything until Florence is content with the way everything looks. Ben gladly does anything she asks of him, and changes anything she even makes the smallest of uncertain looks at. There comes a point where she doesn't even have to say anything for him to rush over to the wall and reposition the painting she was looking at.

Eventually, they're satisfied with the house. Perhaps it will always be a work in progress because Florence is so filled with ideas now that she finally, finally, has a place of her own, and that's okay with Ben. He's happy to do anything she wishes. He knows how important this is to her — the house needs to be utterly perfect.

The nursery is her favorite part of the house. She spends most of her time in there just looking at every single piece of interior, every small piece of clothing and every teddy bear. Being finished with the house, it is just a waiting game until the baby arrives. It finally feels truly, completely real. Standing over the crib, fingers tracing the soft colorful fabrics, it feels insanely surreal and wonderful at once. She cannot wrap her head around all of this — everything she has ever wanted, she finally has.