- chapter seven

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter seven

fade: chapter seven

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CONCENTRATE. INHALE. EXHALE. Her eyes shoot open and she steadies her stance, feet digging deep into the padded floor and her expression growing more serious. She raises the wooden stick in her hands, eyes locked on Ben. She evades his first blow easily, swinging her stick in front to block it. Then, he tries to hit her in the side but she steps out of the way quickly, going for a blow against his legs but Ben is quick and skilled, easily evading it, his stick blocking hers as he pushes her back, almost causing her to fall over but Florence is steady on her feet and takes a step back as he swings at her.

         They go on for quite a while, wood smashing against wood as they fight. Ben has a clear upper hand, but she holds up quite well against him. Eventually, though, he manages to swipe her legs and she topples over, landing on the ground with a thud, glaring at Ben.

         "You're doing good," he compliments, extending a hand to her. Florence hesitates, but she grabs it and pulls herself up before dusting herself off.

         "Thanks." She breathes, placing her stick against the wall.

          "You seem a bit... distracted," he says, and Florence meets his eyes, sighing softly as she looks down at her hands.

"It's just... I keep having really strange dreams," She says, barely glancing at him just for some confirmation to continue. "But I'm not so sure most of them even are just dreams."  She admits uncertainly.

"Tell me." He urges softly, nodding once.

"I just- I feel like it's something more. I've seen many things, things that have already happened, things that I fear will happen. I saw a throne. A voice spoke to me. I don't know who it was but he said some stuff that I can't seem to get out of my head."

"Like what?"

"That I have no idea what's in store, and that they're everything I am afraid of, I don't know, it was weird. But then I... I felt it in my chest. A lightsaber. Usually... it's yours," she says, looking up at him. "But last time it was blue." She whispers, terrified to admit that she often dreams of her commander killing her.

         Ben looks at her for a few seconds. "If you think these are visions, you need to know that the future is always in motion. Anything, just the smallest of things, could change the course of the future. Premonitions were what turned my grandfather into Darth Vader. Do not trust them."