- chapter fifteen

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter fifteen

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          CRAIT IS A QUITE beautiful planet. A thin layer of white salt covers a red core, mineral. A bunch of tiny, rusty, worn down ski speeders are all the resistance have to fight with. The odds aren't looking too pretty. As they make their way towards the AT-AT's, red smoke blows in the air behind them. It's both a beautiful and haunting sight, it would take a miracle for them to win this.

           Ben has changed. Perhaps it was the deed of killing Snoke that did it, perhaps it was the scavenger, but there's something different about him. Florence watches him from her seat and she's looking at supreme leader Kylo Ren, power hungry and driven by his anger towards the resistance, the scavenger, his mother, Luke Skywalker.

         These last few days have been so hectic, they haven't had time to train or barely even have a proper conversation. Just fighting, squabbling over things that now seem pointless. Now she doesn't know him, it feels like. But he's not the only one that can play this game, if he's going to act all cold and ignore her, she'll do the same to him.

         They hover above the battering ram canon and the AT-M6 walkers. She watches with wide eyes as the small speeders try to fend off TIE-fighters and avoid the walker bolts, failing miserably. It doesn't take long for a handful of them to blow up.

         Out of nowhere, the millennium falcon sweeps down and takes out many of their fighters. "Blow that piece of junk out of the sky!" Ben shouts, pointing at the ship.

           "All fighters!" Hux orders. The falcon soon peels off from the battle, drawing the fire away from the small speeders, instead leading them away. It's a brilliant distraction, Florence thinks. Rey knows how much Ben hates that ship.

          Still, the cannon fires up and begins cracking the door open. The speeders quickly fall back but one lone speeder doesn't break off. Florence watches as it nears the cannon, guessing that it's Finn. Surely, it must be. He would make such a sacrifice, she figures. It looks as if he's going to do it, and Florence thinks it might just work, but another speeder goes after him, jamming straight into him, causing them both to go flying off to the side. Florence holds her breath as she watches Finn get out of his ship, thankful that he's okay.

          Slowly but surely, the walkers and their shuttle make it closer to the base. Tied at the end of a string, just like Hux had said a few days prior; the resistance is cornered in a years old base, door cracking open with each second, with no way out. But out of the burning hole in the wall walks a lonely man, unbothered and unafraid. Ben reacts by staring blankly at him before his breathing becomes strained and he grits his teeth angrily. "I want every gun we have to fire on that man. Do it."