- chapter thirty

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter thirty

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

         THE MORNING AFTER FLORENCE RECEIVES the saber, the falcon returns back to the base — in flames. People are quick to gather around it at soon as it touches down, trying to stop the fire, technicians are fast to start working on repairs. Florence is on the scene quickly, finding a frantic Poe shouting instructions to everyone.

         "The whole thing's on fire! All of it- it's on fire," he gestures for people with hoses to hurry up.

        "What the hell happened here?" Florence asks, eyes trained on the ship.

        "Hey," he looks at her, then at Rey standing behind her. Florence had not noticed her arrival. "We really could've used your help out there," he says, hand on his hips in normal Poe fashion, voice distressed and slightly annoyed with his friend.

        Rey takes a step forward, eyes wide. "How'd it go?"

        "Really bad, actually. Really bad," Poe purses his lips. Florence has never seen him so distressed or frustrated. Granted, she has not known him particularly long but it's strange to see these people that she has known to be sweet with each other to be up in arms about things.

        Rey finally sees the smoke coming out of the freighter ship, her jaw dropping. "Han's ship!"

        Poe also just now noticed that one fo the orange parts usually stuck to bb8's larger sphere has fallen off. "What'd you do to the droid?" He frown.

         "What did you do to the falcon?" She counters.

         "The Falcon is in a lot better shape than he is!"

         "Bb8 is not on fire!" Rey protests. Florence is surprised by how much this ship seems to matter to her. It's just a ship, after all. Yes, Han Solo's ship, but Florence doesn't have any connection to anything like that — she doesn't understand.

         Poe looks at her. "What's left of him isn't on fire!" He argues.

         "Tell me what happened!"

         "You tell me first," he counters.

          Rey smiles. "You know what you are? You're difficult. Really difficult. You're a difficult man." She says it in the way friends would. There's no doubt she loves him, but they are quite the opposites and bickering comes to them more naturally than anything.