- chapter twenty-two

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter twenty-two

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SHE HAD NEVER EXPECTED to find rebellion hero and legendary pilot Lando Calrissian on Canto Bight of all places, but Luke told her to go there and she trusts him. Apparently, he's quite the gambler, and since retiring from piloting, he has turned to winning games all over the galaxy. The Canto Bight casino is reserved for the elite, but anyone is allowed to go inside. Playing, however, is different; only the boldest dare go up against the experienced players that win game after game.

         But Florence is not here to play — she wouldn't know how to.

         She seeks out the sabacc table and immediately she sees him. She knows not what he looks like, but her gut tells her it is him. He wears a large smile, cards in hand as he makes some joke to the other players around the table. Laughter fills the air for a moment before they all go quiet. Calrissian places his hand of cards down and smiles. By the looks of the other men around the table, he has won.

          The day is coming to an end and the men around the table start to clear out. Florence stays in her place, leaned against a pillar, watching the old rebellion hero closely as he also finishes up. Finally, he spots her. "If you're here to play, we'll be back tomorrow."

           Florence shakes her head, a soft smile on her face. "No, I'm not playing," she chuckles before sucking in a sharp breath. "I'm actually here for you."

          His expression changes as he scans her appearance. "And what does a first order associate want with me?"

         "I don't- I'm not... they think I'm on a mission following up some whispers of a first order spy. I'm not planning on going back." She explains quietly, taking a step towards the adjacent balcony. The doors are wide open, a gust of wind travels through the room.

          Calrissian watches her, the corners of his lips curling upwards in half a smile. "Ah, and you're the spy. I appreciate the irony."

          She doesn't think it's very funny. "I have an urgent message for general Organa. I don't know how to find her but I know you do." She nods towards him. She has heard tales of their adventures since she was but a young child.

          He tilts his head, eyes looking at her as if asking her if she seriously thinks he can trust her, just like that. She knows he can't. "I have good intentions, I swear it." She promises, taking the final steps onto the balcony.