- chapter thirty-two

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter thirty-two ─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE ATMOSPHERE ABOARD Ochi's ship is strange and eerily silent. Rey refuses to sit down in the cockpit, instead standing in the back, eyes still wide with terror and shock and sadness over what just happened. Florence is not quite as shaken by these news as the others — which makes her feel horrible but it is the truth — she is more concerned about Ben.

She stares blankly ahead of her, sat behind Chewbacca as him and Poe guides the ship through space. Florence thinks back to that moment; just looking at him. She felt so many things in that one, single, blink-of-an-eye moment, overwhelmed by feelings and emotions all hitting her at once.

         She realized, then, that leaving him may have not helped at all with her anger towards him. It has just made her love him more. She wants him more. She craves him, his hold, his arms around her, deep and sweet morning chats about everything and nothing — his delicate kisses on her temple whenever she did good during training and the affection he gave her. She misses it more than she ever thought she would.

          She has since long accepted that they are set out to end up together and they always have been — but right now she feels horrible about actually wanting him. She is surrounded by people who despise him.

         "You're awfully quiet." Poe comments, glancing back at her. They have come to a stop behind a large piece of stone sitting still in space, a ring of a planet, perhaps. Florence doesn't care enough to ask.

         She takes a moment to answer. "I'm so tired," she looks at Poe, sinking further back into her chair.

         He nods, feeling the same way. "You could sleep, you know. There's a spot in the back that might work."

         She smiles, genuinely so surprised with how caring Poe is and can be when he actually likes and cares about someone. "I honestly might."

         She stands up and looks out back, spotting the place he was talking about, a bench clad with ancient looking fabrics. It won't be the most comfortable, but she has slept on worse. She closes her eyes, doing her best to tune out everything happening around her. The world around her is silent except for her own breathing — until that too fades away and she drifts off into a deep, but short sleep that leaves no space for any dreams.

She's awoken by Poe, gently telling her they have arrived. She slowly turns around, opening her eyes to see him merely a few inches away from her face, crouched beside her.