|THIRTEEN|

It was early morning. Anika got freshened up in her room (Oberoi's guest room) and was about to head downstairs when there was a knock at her door. She opened the door and saw Gauri standing at the door with a big bronze plate, having green dress and matching accessories, decorated with flowers.

G- Good Morning, bhabhi.

Gauri wished her cheerfully. Anika smiled back.

A- Good morning Gauri.

Anika welcomed Gauri inside her room and Gauri placed the plate on the bed.

G- Bhabhi, mehendi ceremony will start in an hour so you get ready, ok. And if you need any help then call me. I'll go and check the arrangements. Don't worry about Sahil, he's downstairs with dadi.

A- Thanks Gauri.

G-No need of formalities, bhabhi. I'm just very happy that bade bhaiya is marrying such a sweet girl like you and you are like my elder sister. And if you do any formalities, then I'll also fight with you like typical sister-in-laws.

Gauri and Anika chuckled.

G- Ok. I'm going. Get ready bhabhi.

Anika smiled widely and went to close the door but stopped when she saw Shivaay standing at her door, with a tray of breakfast in his hands.

Anika looked at him confused

A- Good morning, Mr. Oberoi.

S- Morning. Wo.. I... Breakfast...

A- What are you trying to say?

Shivaay straightened up and forwarded the tray towards Anika.

S- Umm.. Dadi has sent breakfast for you. She said that you must be hungry and all the servants were busy in arrangements so she told me to bring it for you.

Anika took the tray from him and was about to thank him when they heard dadi's shout from downstairs.

D- BILLU, WHERE ARE YOU? GO AND GET READY.

Shivaay's eyes widened in horror. Anika bit her lip to control her smile.

S(thinks) - Why does Dadi always embarrass me? Now she'll get to know that I brought breakfast for her and dadi didn't asked me. Ugh... Dadi...

Shivaay cleared his throat.

S- I should go.

He immediately ran from there and Anika burst into laughter.

She closed the door and had her breakfast. Then she went to get ready.

After 45 minutes, Anika was ready. She looked at herself in the mirror and was satisfied with her look.