|THIRTY FIVE|

A loud gunshot was heard. Everyone was shocked. They looked towards Shivika.

Shivaay fell down on the floor and Anika fell on top of him. Shivaay was shocked would be an understatement.

A- I... I... To... Told... You.... Tha...that.. I'll prot.... Protect you.. Eve... Even.. If.. I've... To... Di... Die.

She said looking at Shivaay with drooping eyes and pain. Shivaay looked at her in panic.

S- Anika!...Anika!

But Anika went unconscious.

Shivaay slowly got up and felt something wet in his hands. He saw that his hands were covered in Anika's blood. He saw a bullet shot in her stomach.

He took her in his arms and some tears escaped from his eyes.

S- Anika! Please wake up, Jaan. Please. Don't leave me.

He cried and the world around him faded. Suddenly he heard Ambulance's siren and someone shaking him.

R- Bhaiya, ambulance is here. Let's take bhabhi to the hospital.

Rudra said worriedly and Shivaay nodded his head.

Soon the two ward boys came towards them with a stretcher. They lied down Anika on the stretcher.

S- Please be careful. Don't hurt her.

The ward boys looked at him with pity and nodded their head.

All this while Anika held Shivaay's hand tightly, even in her unconsciousness. He looked at Dadi who was crying in Gauri's embrace. Om was also handling Sahil, who was crying uncontrollably.

Shivaay immediately sat in the ambulance and the ambulance drove towards the hospital.

Dadi, OmRuRi and Sahil followed them with their cars.

Anika was rushed inside the hospital and Shivaay followed her.

S- DOCTOR! DOCTOR!

Shivaay shouted and some doctors rushed towards him.

S- Doctor! My wife.... My wife got shot. Please save her.

Shivaay said while folding his hands in front of the doctor.

Shivaay Singh Oberoi, the man who never bowed in front of anyone, is joining his hands in front of doctor for saving the life of his wife.

D- Calm down, Mr. Oberoi. We will try our best.

The doctor said while patting Shivaay's shoulder and he ordered the ward boys to take Anika to the Operation Theatre.

Soon OmRuRi, Dadi and Sahil joined Shivaay. Anika was taken to the OT. Anika's grip on Shivaay's hand loosened and their hand separated as Anika was taken inside the OT.

Dadi and Sahil was crying uncontrollably. OmRuRi were trying to calm them down while Shivaay was sitting in a corner without the sense of the world.

Om looked at Shivaay's condition and felt sad for him.

O- Rudra, you take Dadi, Gauri and Sahil to home and I'll stay here with Shivaay. I'll inform you all when the surgery is over.

Rudra nodded his head and took Dadi, Sahil and Gauri to home.

Shivaay and Om were sitting in front of the OT.