|THIRTY|

Shivaay and Anika were lying on the ground. They were gazing at the stars.

S- If you don't mind me asking, can I ask a question?

A- You already did.

Anika said with a chuckle and Shivaay bit his lip.

S- Okay. Can I ask one more question?

A- See. You already asked again.

Anika giggled and Shivaay turned to his side to face her. He bent his elbow and rested his cheek on his palm and looked at Anika.

S- Anika.

Anika looked at him with dreamy eyes. She always wanted a moment like this with her life partner and today her dream was in front of her eyes.

A- Hmm.

S- Do you miss your parents?

A- sometimes. I think the situation would have been different if they were here. Everything would have been so easy. I wouldn't have to fight for my survival. I would have someone to support me. But if they were here, maybe I wouldn't have met you so I think everything is fate and one thing leads to another.

Shivaay looked at her proudly.

S- I never realised that you're the strongest girl I've ever met. All the girls spent their time in shopping, makeup but you're the one who was thinking of next step to support your brother and his treatment. I'm really proud of you.

Anika smiled brightly.

A- You love dadi so much right?

S- Hmm. She was the only family I had after my parents. She has supported me in every step of my life. I couldn't even imagine my life without her.

Shivaay said with a small smile and Anika held his another hand and kept it on her stomach while holding it tightly.

A- She'll be fine. Shivaay?

Shivaay looked at her in confusion.

S- Hmm.

A- Ummm... What happens after this contract ends? Will you allow me to meet you and dadi?

Anika said while not meeting his gaze. Shivaay was speechless for a while. He folded his lips in a straight line.

Anika took this as a negative answer. Her eyes got filled with tears. She turned on her side while facing away from Shivaay. She was about to get up but Shivaay's hand on her stomach kept her still.

She tried to remove his hand but Shivaay's hold tightened.

Shivaay moved closer to her and her back was resting on his chest. Shivaay rested his head in the crook of her neck. Anika took a sharp breath and closed her eyes.

S- Let's give it a shot.

Anika opened her eyes and frowned in confusion.

She immediately turned to look at him.

Shivaay looked at her with a smile.

A- What shot?

S- Our marriage. Let's work out this marriage. Like real couples. We can assume that it wasn't a contract marriage but an arranged marriage.

Anika smiled widely but soon her smile faded.

A- But our contract?

S- Don't worry about that. Sahil's treatment won't be affected as I'm the one who's violating the contract.

Anika sighed in relief and smiled.

S- So will you be my partner in making this marriage work?

Anika nodded with a big smile adoring her face. Shivaay smiled and caressed her cheek while she blushed.

S- You know why was I so hell bent on a contract marriage?

Anika shook her head in negative.

S- I've met lots of women in my life. And all of them were behind my money.

A- But this can't be the only reason.

Shivaay looked at her seriously.

S- When I was in college, I met a girl. Her name was Sheena. She was very innocent looking girl. On our first day of college, some seniors were bullying her so I saved her. From that day, we became best friends. Then at the end of our course, she proposed me. I couldn't say no as she was my best friend and I couldn't break her heart so I said yes.

Shivaay looked at Anika to observe her expression but she was listening seriously.

S- We were in relationship for 4 years and I decided to make her meet with dadi. When she met dadi, she was very sweet and all but then I noticed the change in behavior of dadi. Then I got to know that she was misbehaving with her. When I confronted her she told me that she was only with me for my money and she can't tolerate dadi. Dadi didn't tell me for my happiness. That day I broke up with her and I haven't seen her since then. From that day, I started thinking that all the girls are like her.

Anika just nodded her head.

S- I misbehaved with you because I thought that you agreed to the contract for money. I'm sorry for misunderstanding you and misbehaving with you.

A- It's okay. Bygones are bygones.

Anika said with a smile.

Shivaay hugged her and they slowly drifted into sleep.

Hello everyone

Hello everyone. 🤗🤗

Here you go with the next chapter. 😁😁

How was it? ☺☺

Happy Holi to you all. ❤❤

Please keep voting and give your precious comments. 😊😊

Love you all. 😘😘

Bye bye.🙋🙋