CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5

We are all on the long table now. The guys are noisy cause they are still teasing the same guy who, I've heard got someone pregnant. Haru it is.

"Baka kasi nabutas mo iyong condom. Gago ka kasi! Libog na libog!"

"Kahit na nabutas 'yon! She told me she's on fucking pill!"

I smiled a ate Juli even I'm awkward now. They are talking in front of a girl with that kind of topic? Like hey! We are not close!

"Stop fucking talking about your dirty fucks! My sister is here!" angil ni kuya

Sa halip na ngiti ang igawad ko ay nauwi ito sa ngiwi dahil hindi ako sanay sa pinag uusapan nila.

"Oh, sorry Cassie!"

"Don't talk to her." sita ni kuya sa lalaki

We all started to eat. Tahimik lang ako habang nakikinig sa kanilang pinag uusapan. Still about girls and cars. I've heard na may pupuntahan dilang racing. Mabilis kong tinapos ang pagkain ko para mabigyang laya sila sa mga gusto nilang pag usapan. I'm not sensitive tho, just awkward.

"Are you done?" baling ni kuya sa akin

"Uh... yes." I nod

Natigil sa pagtatawanan ang mga kaibigan niya. Hindi naman sinasadyang napatingin ako sa lalaking may blonde na buhok. His body moved because a guy beside him pushed his shoulder.

"Puta, Jin! Akin na lang iyong usang babae mong 'di naman pinapansin!"

"Kingina. Pag lalaking San Jose talaga dami ng babae."

That caught my attention. San Jose? How is he related to Laurence?

"Jin San Jose for this year's fucker! A fucker!"

"Fuck you!" Jin cursed

Wala nang paalam na umalis ako sa lamesa para umakyat sa kwarto ko. Jin, Jin San Jose. I'll ask Laurence some other time about him. Meron na akong isang bagay na alam sa kanya! Dalawa pala! He's a San Jose and a, well, he's a playboy!

If ever he's Laurence' cousin how come I never saw him to their family events? With that kind of face, very unnoticed and playful aura? He has this appeal that even when he's looking so bored he can still attract some girls. Maybe just a snap and he already have a flavored girl for a day.

I gasped when I heard three knocks outside my room. Parang batang nahuli sa kasalanan. I'm so drown on my thoughts! Kung wala pang kumatok ay baka nakatulugan ko na ang pag iisip sa kanya, kay Jin, at hindi na nakapaglinis ng katawan. Dali dali akong tumayo ng may kumatok ulit. Bahagya ko pang hinawi ang magulong buhok ko, I even lick my lips before I open my door. Ate Juli was there, holding a tray with a glass of milk. I look at her puzzled. She knew I'm not the kind of person who drink a glass of milk before going to bed.

"Nagpataas ng gatas ang kuya mo dito. Inumin mo daw bago ka matulog."

Nagkibit balikat na lang ako at inisang inom ang gatas.

"Thank you, po." I said politely

She nod her head and bid goodbye. Sinundan ko siya ng tingin hanggang sa nasa hagdan na siya pababa. Pagkasara ko ng pinto ay cellphone agad ang tiningnan ko, baka magkahimala at mag goodnight si Laurence. Siya lang naman ang nakakausap ko sa text o tawag. I don't have any friends aside to her, well kuya sometimes texting me just to ask if I'm home or anything connected to his suspicious mind. Waley. Asado ako.

I took a quick bath to freshen up. I wore a sando and pajama, I was about to turn off the light when my phone rang. I pick it up and prepared a cheerful greet.

"Hello my one and only friend!" I boomed smiling widely

"Hmm," she chuckled lowly

"Why'd you call this late time?"

"Are you busy?"

"Busy? Busy? No. Why?"

I was lying flatly on my stomach, wiggling my hanging my foot. Talking to Laurence.

"I'll pick you up later, we're going out tonight for a race."

Nakanganga ako nang matapos ang tawag. She callede because of that? Pupunta siya sa isang racing etcetera and I'm coming with her. I wore a skinny jeans, dark blue tee and rubber shoes. Dali dali akong lumabas ng kwarto ko. I'm sure kuya is not around because he went out with his friend, I heard it from his friends! Pababa sa hagdan ay naging dahan dahan ang naging paghakbang ko.

Successfully, I escaped our main door and gate. Our two gate guards are sleeping, mouth open. I giggled. Pero namutla rin nang marinig kong magsalita ang isa. Nang makalabas sa gate I dial Ren's number, she said she's driving now. I check and checked my phone expecting a text from her not a moment later I saw her baby Jaggi, her sports car, coming.

I hop inside her car and immediately I can sense he different aura tonight. She still looked cold and at the same time happy. I watched her growing smirk as we get to near the place. She looks free. When we reach the place all I can say is, this place is where I think she really belong. She's so much happy that I've never seen again after tita Rianna passed away. But before we went out of her car, she told me that if anything happens, no matter what, I need to run away from here and forget about her for the mean time and hide somewhere and come out if I think its already safe and over. I agreed kahit naguguluhan sa mga sinasabi at paalala niya

This is my first time in this kind of place. The street look so alive and full of party people. Maingay at my dapat na liwanag para hindi makatawag ng pansin sa ibang tao. Mapuno ang paligid at bahagyang tago ang lugar na ito. Different types of people can be seen here, well except of course to those good guys. Sixty percent of the crown are men, the rest are girls who are looking so good with their make ups and short and sexy outfit. Some of the girls are good in their jeans but still sexy with their tops. I even saw some guys waving their bunch of moneys in front of each other and laughing. Heard also some curses and sounds of kisses near my stand. I'm sure it's from my back even when I don't check it, baka sabihin naninilip ako.

Also heard shouting like, "Sa'yo ang pusta ko!" and I realize it is a pustahan indeed.

This is illegal, I know but I don't have a say on this type of game. Usually people came here with their own different reason why they are doing this. Everyone have it, most are just for chilling and showing off their money, some are depressed and under a very big problem and that wanted to escape the reality even just for a short span of time. I can't and won't judge them because I know some their reason behind those faces, and my bestfriend is one of those.

Laurence, maybe she wanted to get away from her family problem. She's not a showy and talkative person about that matter so she rather do her own way to ease her pain and forget it.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I smiled at Laurence to assure that I'm all good and fine here though I'm not really comfortable to be left alone here. The match will start now. Hindi naman ako pwedeng sumama sa kanya. Magiging pabigat lang ako sa kan'ya. I want her to win this race so I could see how happy she will be.

The match started, gripping on my bag, I watched to four sports car flew. As in para silang lumipad dahil sa bilis ng pagtakbo ng sasakyan nila. I'm all nervous because I'm thinking the possible accident Laurence will meet. Ilang minuto ang lumipas, I heard from someone na pabalik na sila but then it happened so fast! I found myself running away to hide. The policemen came and tried to arrest the others. Breathing heavily I received a call from Laurence but then I was about to tell her where am I, the police got her.

Laurence was caught!