CHAPTER 31

Chapter 31

Never in my life would I have thought that California would be my new home. It never occurred to me that I could fit in here. I'm in a place far from my past, and it's been a year and half since I ran away from the people I loved and who, at the same time, hurt me. A year and a half of drowning myself with new hobbies and learning how the world really works. I was so trapped in the thought that everything I had before would remain. The life I just borrowed. Never realizing I was fed up with things that comforts me, yet wasn't really mine.

I finished my last shot of tequila for the night as I strided in the middle of the crowd after paying for my drinks. It's been hours and it's getting crowded here. I am no introvert. I can be as talkative as how a person wanted to be entertain and can be as friendly as I can't count the friends I made. I just don't like loud places that much. I can say I can blend in with these crazy party people but I don't belong myself to them.

"OMG?! Oh, gee!" My eyes went wide secretly. Oh, no...

"Hey," I smiled awkwardly.

"You're really pretty! I'll introduce you to my friends later! Are you free? Later? I'll take you to the next bar where we always party!"

I smiled as I shook my head and declined the offer of a talent manager I met last week at a house party. I'm also tired and don't want to talk anymore because I can't keep up with him being hyper. If I’m not mistaken, this is his fourth time asking me to meet his friends, who are the models he's handling. I'm not interested at all.

"No." I shook my head. "No, Fe. Papa wouldn't like me in front of the cameras. My brother, too, said I should focus on business." I said politely.

"Ugh! Let me talk to that Papa and brother of yours! Lemme handle them!" aniya na medyo wala na sarili.

I wanna tell him that my Papa and brother is not easy to handle ang not that kind of people who you can talk to like normal people. I'm not saying they are not normal, but kinda like that.

"And it's not for me. I'm sorry, I have to go. I'll see you when I see you."

It took us almost 20 minutes before I ended the conversation because I smelled a strange kind of wine on him. The smell of a mixture of expensive alcohol and familiar drugs attacked my nostrils. I don’t like the smell of it. And I also don't want the conversation to escalate because I'm dizzy.

I stepped into the middle of a sea of sweaty bodies that accompanied the swing of the music. When I finally got to the parking lot, I unlocked my white Tesla before I drove away from the crazy people.

On my way to my apartment, my phone that is resting on my dashboard, rang loudly. Iginilid ko ang sasakyan sa tabi bago sagutin ang tawag. Unregistered at overseas pa ito kaya alam kong si kuya ito.

"Hindi ka raw umuwi kagabi?"

The hard and rough voice sounded cold and stern. I bit my lower lip and looked away as if my brother can see me right now.

"I've been attending some important matters. I'm staying at my pad. I told papa that already and he said okay." Hughes sighed from the other line.

"You told dad but you didn't tell me. Who am I again?" The jealousy was all over his tone and I could tease him but I think not tonight.

"Uh...? Fine. I'll tell it to you next time." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll end this now. Late na and I'm tired for the whole day. Bukas mo na ako awayin tapos isusumbong kita kay papa." I joke and picked up some random trash inside the car.

Tumawa ako bago pinatay ang tawag. Naiiling na himigpit ang kapit ko sa manibela habang may multo pa rin ng ngiti ang labi. Ah, I've never been this happy ever since that day.