CHAPTER 25

Chapter 25

"I can still run away, right?" I glance at my best friend wide eyed.

"What? Why?" kinakabahan ko siyang hinawakan sa magkabilang pisngi para iharap sa akin.

"I'll marry you instead. I don't like you ending up with my cousin." she look at me seriously and nothing is in her eyes. It's just a plain eyes.

"H-ha? But Jin is not yet my boyfriend!" agap ko dito at tagilid na ngumiti dahil hindi rin sigurado sa sinabi.

Boyfriend ko na ba siya? He kissed me and it's just like that. Aside from him posting my pictures on his Instagram and captioning those with whatever, nothing more. He didn't treat me out on a date. We never watch movies together. He calls me at night and morning but after that he's missing in action. He never gave me flowers nor sweets like chocolates. In short he is not a boyfriend material. He's all talk less the action.

"Ah, not yet? So you have a plan on making him your boyfriend. I'm better than him, you know that." she rolled her eyes before looking at the mirror again to check her make up.

"It's not like that! And also you have a boyfriend and soon your husband so maybe having a boyfriend won't hurt, right?"

"That's why I'm telling you let's run away. You'll be my wife then?" she grinned at me.

I laughed and shook my head.

"You're crazy." I stated.

"Maybe," she shrugged of the conversation and grabbed her pair of white sneakers and wore it.

"I told you to wear heels just for once!"

Kanina pa rin naming pinag-aaawayan ang pagsusuot niya ng heels dahil hindi appropriate ang sneakers sa wedding dress niya! Ang tigas ng ulo!

"Not today, babe. Tss." she rolled her eyes for the nth time while sighing like she's so done with what's happening today.

"Know what, it sounds weird when you call me babe and call Chaos the same endearment. You're like cheating." I stated.

"Uh-huh. What d'ya want me to call you? Love? Okay. Grab my bag, love." she smiled evily and stomped her feet away from me.

"I'm gonna grab your hair later. I told you to wear heels!" pilit ko pa dito kahit alam kong hindi ako mananalo sa kaniya. She's so stubborn kaya siguro pinayagan na ni tito magpakasal.

"Not gonna work, love." she winked at me and dive her attention on her bag.

Her lips curved for a smirked before blowing a kiss. Kinunutan ko ito ng noo habang may nguti sa labi. As the days went on I have been noticing the changes on my best friend. She's like a different person from before. She's so sweet and calm today unlike before that her eyebrows that stick to their frown every day like they're best buddies. As well as her seriousness and coldness. Add to that, her emotionless eyes that, will always get her into a fight because of the way she looks at others. It was like she's reading their thoughts. I know how it feels because I have been in their position when I was young.

We where childhood friend, her maid introduced me to her. Laurence did not pay attention on that day. Right after saying "okay" in front of me, she left. She doesn't remember it and keeps on arguing that we met in elementary school.

Of course she won't remember it, she's too busy suckling on her lollipop while playing on her Nintendo. I know that playing Nintendo is pretty fun, I used to have one but I'm sucks at that game so I just gave it to my brother.

My 7 years old self thought that she'll be my best friend, I have to pursue her. And finally, I did.

"Cassandra Marie, I've been calling you for decades now. How the heck you didn't hear it? You're just steps from me!"