CHAPTER 28

Chapter 28

"I am Hugh, your brother."

I was dumbfounded. For a second I was like a mute because I couldn't utter a single sound. Even just opening my lips, tightly close...but trembling.

Habang tinititigan ko ang lalaki sa harap ko ay muling bumalik ang sakit dati. Parang nageecho ang mga iyak at sigaw na pilit kong ibinaon sa isang parte ng aking utak. It was too painful to remember.

The memories came like flood in my head. Like a scene from a typical movies, it went backwards yet faster and I was dragged from that day I saw how broken she is. My favorite girl. The girl whom everyone thinks strong and troublemaker is crying and standing weak in front of me. I hated this side of her.

Her eyes that used to be emotionless are now full of pain and hatred. Regrets are there too that I, sometimes, don't want to look anymore.

I was with her when her mom died. She's in pain too but not like this. The pain she's feeling right now is thrice the pain she felt before. There was betrayal, lies and another side of the story but I never saw her this weak.

This one is too much to handle for me but I will stay because I am her best friend.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I felt like I'm going to die any moment. I thought I can do it. That I am strong enough to protect my family but I... I can't fucking do it. It's so fucked up and I am do fucking lost." she cried.

The bottle of alcohol were scattered around my four-walled room. She's been with me for I can't remember how long. Begging and crying that she almost close her door for me but still, chose to have me as a shoulder.

"You're strong enough! Please, stop. Ren c'mon. You need to go home. I can't see you like this." hikbi ko at niyapos ang kaibigan. I was so hurt seeing her weak. I'm not used to this. I just can't stand this anymore.

All my life, I admired her for being the tough guy despite how problematic the situation is. Her mom... basically our mom now died and I never seen her wiped a single tear. She never showed how wreck she is. Nobody knows her more than me.

"You're lying. Stop it because I know myself!" her shouts break me. I don't feel scared, I'm hurt that is all.

"Of course you know yourself! So stop acting like this! This is not so you!" I shouted back and hit her chest as hard as I can. I could just hit her heat something harder to wake her up then I will gladly do it. No second thoughts.

"I am so fucking tired trying. I not what you think I am. I'm not." she shook her head like she's done with everything and put the bottle of alcohol on her mouth.

Ate Enna was kidnapped and...was raped. Ate said, she's okay. We tried to pursue her about filing a case against the person who assaulted her but she keeps on saying that she's okay. That she'll be fine. That we can't do anything because the man is too powerful.

I witnessed how ate Enna cried every night. I saw how messed of a person she is during those nights. It was painful for me... lalo na kay Laurence.

"Tangina naman, Enna! Ano? Hahayaan mo na lang? Are you fucking stupid?! You saw his face! Pwede natin siyang ipahanap! Putangina!"

Hindi ko magawang lumapit sa nagwawala kong kaibigan. Sobrang hirap panoorin silang dalawa na mag-away. Hindi ako sanay na ganito palagi. Nasasaktan din ako to the point na parang ayaw kong pumunta muna sa bahay nila but Laurence needs me more than anyone.

I know that she has Chaos but I want to be here to support her. She supported me back then and I'm so greatful for having her in those times. So, I wanna pay her.