CHAPTER 37

Chapter 37

My days were just the same. I'll be waking up, eat my breakfast, play with Ruri and nothing else. At night, Jin will ask me out. And repeated cycle. I barely see my brother these days. The last time I saw him was in a café talking to some men. I think he saw me that day but we didn't talk to each other. No one knows that I am acquainted with Rodriguez. I was introduced before as one of the new recruits. Some knows because we didn't really announce it to the world but we're not keeping it secret as well. May ilang beses sigurong itinago ako. I was not introduced as his one and only daughter. If the enemies found out that the Rodriguez has a weakness, they will surely attack me first.

"Do you think this will suit me?"

I looked at Celeste holding a dress in front of her. Tinapat niya ito sa katawan niya at sumayaw-sayaw sa harap ko. I tried imagining her wearing the dress and it did suit her body. It is a flowy floral dress na abot hanggang ibabaw ng tuhod. Manipis ang strap nito at may maliit na butas sa bandang dibdib.

"Bagay sa 'yo per-" I didn't able to finish my sentence because like flash, it happened so fast that I was being drag somewhere. Nagpupumiglas ako at hindi nagawang tingnan ang humihila sa akin.

"Ano ba?!" naglilingunan ang mga nakakasalubong namin pero balewala lang para dito.

The long, slender, and pale fingers of the person holding me looks familiar to me. Ngumiwi ako nang halos bumaon ang malinis at mahahaba nitong kuko sa balat ko ng akmang maalis ko na ang hawak niya. Nilingon ko si Celeste at Ruri sa boutique na pinasukan naming pero ibang tao ang nakita kong nakatayo doon. Ate Laurenna holding a baby on her arms is looking at Celeste down to her baby. Ruri cried she saw me. Bumalik ang tingin ko sa batang lalaking buhat ni ate Enna. The familiar eyes we're looking at me coldly. The same chills I felt when I was being watched by the person with the same eyes. Napalunok ako at unti-unti nang dinadalaw ng kaba.

Parang tinatambol ang puso ko habang binabaybay ko kamay ng taong hawak ko. Before I could even say her name, she pushed me against the restroom's wall. Lahat ng mga nasa loob ay nagsilabasan sa takot leaving just the two of us. Maybe they felt the aura of this person in front of me is scary. I, myself felt like trembling to the floor. Sinapo ko ang nasaktang braso at kinapa ang tumamang likod sa pader.

"Let's talk." Laurence said coldly. Kasing lamig ng boses niya ang mga mata niya. Nagtayuan ang balahibo ko sa kaba at takot.

"Bakit pa?" nanginginig ang boses ko pero pinilit kong maging tunog maayos iyon.

My head was down. I didn't dare looking at her scared on what her eyes will tell me. I saw hatred on it before and it hurt me. Ayokong makita siyang ganoon tumingin sa akin. Laurence has always been my favorite person. She's my best friend and everything she's done for me will forever be my treasure. She showed me all the kindness I needed, the attention my parents, who raised me, couldn't give to me. And seeing her today makes me want to hold her like before. Beg her to accept me again because I will always go back to her.

I don't want those days I spent with her to be gone. I don't want to end everything to her. I will always keep those days in me. I am maybe a coward for running away but you can't blame me. Hindi ko kakayanin kapag ibinato niya na sa akin ang kinatatakutan ko.

Laurence will always be my best friend. She will stay that way. She's wearing cropped top shirt and loose cargo pants. Her hair was down. She looks the same and still as beautiful as ever.

"What the fuck happened?" she whispered hurt.

Hindi ko alam ang ibig niyang sabihin kaya nanatili akong nakayuko. Iniiwasang mapatingin sa kaniya. Tanging sapatos niya lang ang nakikita ko.