CHAPTER 19

Chapter 19

Today is Ren's birthday and I am so proud of the result of my preparation for my best girl's special day even though I wasn't in my right mind and was full of unwanted thoughts these past few days.

I still finished what I've started. The plan was followed the way I wanted it to be.

Tito helped me with everything; from the hotel I picked, food and cater. Tito Marlon paid all the expenses. I choose the pool area 'cause I find the place beautiful. It's not just the infinity pool but the ambience was so relaxing and good. The plants were so calming, the flowers which both Laurence and I needed for this moment.

"Paki-check po ulit no'ng mga lights. Thank you!"

Pinalibutan ko ng mga decorating lights and bawat halaman pati mga gilid. The tables are now settled with its design that I chose.

Aside from the colorful lights from the decorating lights, midnight blue, white and black are soothing in my eyes. I know this will be lit later tonight.

"Ate Beng, please prepare the food exactly 6:30PM. Paki-double check po ulit." the woman on her late thirties smiled and nodded her head before she left.

Pagod akong nameywang at minasdan ang mga naayos namin. I wiped the sweat forming on my forehead and walk towards the dispenser. Huminga ako ng malalim at kinuha ang cellphone sa bulsa ng uniform skirt na suot ko at tiningnan ang oras pati na rin kung may text message na para sa akin. Meron naman, 'yong network na gamit ko at nagbibigay impormasyon na magiging mahina ang signal mamaya hanggang alas doce ng madaling araw. I shrugged it away dahil madalang naman akong mag-scroll sa mga social media accounts ko. Kahit hindi naman nila sabihin ay mahina talaga ang signal nila.

"Uwi na po muna ako."

Paalam ko nang makabalik si ate Beng. Nakangiti naman siya at tumango. Ang bag na namamahinga sa isang mono block chair ay basta ko na lang kinuha at sinukbit sa balikat ko.

Wala ngayon si Jin para guluhin at pakiligin ako. Sinusundo kasi nila si Laurence. She's fine now, anyway and I really missed my best girl a lot. Her cool fights. I am her biggest fan when it comes to being a bad ass. Iyong mga engkwentro nila ni Shane.

Sa t'wing makakasalubong ko nga ang grupo ni Shane sa corridor o kahit saan man ay iniirapan lamang ako nito at padabog na umaalis. Of course, she's trying to save herself. Who would want to be shameful again in front of everyone? Absolutely not me.

"Where's your brother?"

And here we go again. I tried so hard not to hate them but my anger felt so natural whenever they're here.

"Mom, I don't know. Hindi naman po porke magkapatid kami ay alam ko na lahat ang ginagawa niya. Do you want me to follow him? Even when his with his girl inside a hotel room?" that was rude, I know but I don't care anymore. Like what I've said I'm so tired and done.

There are times that I just want to curse my parents and swear them to death. I wanna shout some curses and the f word but every time I was about to say it it just can't come out of my mouth. Like it was some forbidden fruit I couldn't take and can't take.

"You are his sister-"

I sighed and looked on my fingers playing each other.

"Mom," I deadpanned. "Aren't you tired of asking me the same question and will receive the same answer?"

"And he's not my responsibility anymore. He's a year older then me, remember? Why would I bother asking him where will he go when I have my own things that's matter more. Again, mom, he has his own life and he can live whatever he wants his life to be." I added loosing some manners.