Chapter 7 - Pretence

I woke up and checked the time, it was 8pm.
Nora would be back by now. I slipped on my fluffy slippers and moseyed to her room. I knocked on the door, but there was no reply, so I decided to open it.

I checked her bathroom and dress room, but still couldn't find her.
Why's she still out by this time? If she was going to a party she could've at least told me! I called her thousands of time but she wasn't picking up, it always goes to voicemail.

I decided to wait a little longer, I sat on the couch in the living room, watching a movie on TV, but I soon dozed off.

I woke up, the house was still quiet. Only the low hum from the TV could be heard.
Nora wasn't still back. Okay this is getting out of hand. I'm loosing my mind. I called the girls, to ask if she was at their place but they said she wasn't.

Should I call the cops?
Has she gone missing?
Shit! I am getting worried.

After staying up almost all night, worried sick of Nora's whereabouts, I decided to sleep in the living room, just in case she returns.

Lo and behold, few minutes later, I heard the front door open slowly, but I couldn't see who it was since the lights were off. Who could it be? Could it be Nora? I know I locked that door before falling asleep.
I sat up, waiting to see who it was when the lights go on.
Nora!
"Nora where have you been?" I ran to hug her.
"I...I was kidnapped" she sobbed. I took a closer look at her, she looked scared
"What?! When? Where the hell did this happen?" I ushered her to the living room as she sobbed quietly. "Don't worry darling, everything will be fine. I'll get to the root of this." I clenched my jaw
"No need for that. A guy came to my rescue. He beat them up and got them arrested"
I sighed a sigh of relief, but I was still worried. "Did...did they hurt you?"

"I'm fine now. I'll just got have a bath and go to bed"

"Do you need to eat anything? I can-"

"I said it's fine" she gave me a small smile. "Thanks for caring"

"You're my best friend. How could I not care" I pulled her into an embrace

*                               *                                  *

The next day, as promised, Alex came over to my place. Nora left to Everly's to give us some quiet time alone.

She's so understanding.

"I fucking missed you so very much" I said, between kisses. I was practically wrapped around Alex; my legs were wrapped on his waist, my arms around his neck and his hands on my ass, giving them a gentle massage.

"I missed you too Sweetheart" he replied as we fell to the bed, not breaking the kiss. He undressed me and vice versa. I could feel the cold air from the air conditioner hit my soft skin. I was aroused and Alex didn't take it lightly on me. He gave it to me in a way I liked it. He was fast and rough which seemed weird. Probably because he had missed me so much and I found myself enjoying it.

After everything, we stayed cuddled up in bed. My head was on his hard but warm chest and his right arm was wrapped round my waist.
"Baby?" I called out, drawing circles on his hairy chest.
"Yes love" he replied, caressing my hair with his left hand and the other drawing circles on my waist, which sent tingles and sparks in my stomach and I knew I was aroused again, but my core was still throbbing from the hot make out session.

"You've talked to your parents right?"

"about?"

"The wedding. What do you think about the marriage proposal?" I asked, smiling at him expectantly