Chapter 27 - Aria

Nora's POV

The next morning, all the Bellevilles arrived.
"Where's Aria?" Mrs Belleville asks, walking towards me.
"What happened to her?" She turns to Alexander. "Someone tell me what happened!"

"She had an accident" Alex replies.
"How? Was she driving? Aria never drives roughly. How did it happen?"

"It was at home. She fell down while going down the stairs" He says.

Not too long after, the doctor walks in.
"The patient can now receive visitors" he says.
Alex and I stayed in the hospital all night, praying for Aria to get better.

"I'll go see her" Mrs Belleville says as she walks away.

"Alexander, Come with me. We need to talk" Aria's oldest brother, Lawson says.
He sounds so serious.
Does he know something?
What does he know?
Alex nods and leaves after him, leaving us in the waiting room.
Even Layla and Riley had arrived.
So many people, just for Aria.
If anything happens to her, I'm so dead. It's all my fault.
Aria please get well soon.

Alex's POV

Lawson and I walk for some time, before we arrived at a quiet corner in the hospital.
We stay in silence before he asks.
"What did you do to my sister?" He asks in a stern voice.
"N...Nothing...nothing....she.." Why are you stammering Alexander? You sound like a criminal. "I didn't do anything to--" he grabs me by the collar.

"Don't even try to deny it. Do you know how much you hurt her when you left your matrimonial home? She fell sick! I swear Alexander Stein, if anything happens to my sister, I will fucking kill you. The only reason why I haven't touched you yet is because she asked me not to and believe me Alexander when I say kill, I don't mean an easy death. I will make you suffer. Don't even think of running away, because I will always find out where you're hiding." he pushes me, sending me staggering back. He doesn't even waits to hear anything else, he walks away, leaving me to my thoughts.

The Bellevilles are very powerful and influential. If anything happens to Aria, I already know I am a dead man.

Nora's POV

I patiently waited for my turn to see her. After Her parents, Her elder brothers, Her younger sister and younger brothers, then me.
Everly wanted to come with me, but I refused. I really want to see her, alone. I have so many things to say to her.
The moment I opened the door, all my words died at the spot. Aria was lying on the bed, with so machines surrounding her.
I carefully walk over to her. After some a moment of thinking, I hold her  left hand.
"Aria" I call softly. "Please forgive me. I know I've hurt you a lot, but this is not how I expected you to find out. I'm really sorry, but I don't regret choosing Alex, the only thing I regret is him, choosing you. Alex and I have been together for quite some time. We loved each other right from when we were still kids in Florida." The beeping sound begins to fasten its pace.
"Aria please you have to listen to what I'm about to say. Please listen to me" she begins to shake uncontrollably, it doesn't take long for the doctors to barge in.
"Miss, you have to excuse us" they tell me as someone leads me out.

"Aria" I yell as the door closes on my face.

"What happened to Aria?" Her mother runs towards me, the rest of the family members coming behind her.

"She....she...I don't know"

"What did you do to my daughter" she swats my arm. Lawson wraps his arm around her, trying to calm her down, looking at me in what looks like a glare.

......

It's been two weeks now, Aria has been in a coma. The whole time, Mrs Stein didn't miss any opportunity to blame me for Aria's condition.