Chapter 17 - Elisa

Aria's POV

The week was faster than I expected,  going to work, Dr Ramirez's scoldings, night shifts, morning shifts, and so on.
I barely have time for myself now.
Thankfully, today's my day off, so I'm still on bed by 9:30am. After lazily rolling on bed for what feels like hours, I finally decide to get my ass up and start my day.
I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth and have a bath and probably invite the girls over.
Riley changed her mind on moving back to California after graduation, so we are still a complete gang.

Alex left early for work while I was still asleep, so I'm all alone in this huge house.
Just as I stand in front of the mirror, I almost scream at the girl looking back at me in the mirror. She has dark circles under her eyes, her eyes look stressed and her hair is like a bird's nest.

"This can't be me" I touch the mirror. "Well...it is me" I sigh as I get into the shower, after brushing my teeth.

I ask the maids to prepare lunch, while I invite the girls over.

"Girl... This house is beautiful." Layla grins, taking in the house.

"Woah... Are you like a celeb now or something" Everly chuckles.

"I might not be, but my husband probably is" I laugh.

"You both are. No wonder you could get a house in Greenwich"  Nora smiles. Nora still stays the apartment we both used to live in before we graduated.

"Okay..enough of myself now. How are you guys"  I take a sit on the single sofa.

"Fine, fine. So guys....guess what.." Riley shyly smiles.

"Uh...you got a job at Victoria's secret?" Layla playfully asks.

"No"

"You Uhm...got a new car?" I ask, but she shakes her head, negative.

"Let me guess...Kevin bought you both a house" Everly guesses.

"Kevin proposed!!" She squeals and brings forth her hand, making us notice the ring on her finger.

"Oh my God...oh my God...why didn't you tell me before bestie?" Layla grins.

"I'm so happy for you Riley" I clap my hands.

"Congrats" Nora smiles

"Looks like only three of us are left now" Eve makes a fake sad face.

"Hey I'm next, so get ready guys" Layla grins. "If Korey doesn't propose, I swear I will!"

"Well, I guess I'll start looking for a boyfriend now" Eve laughs.

"Riley this calls for celebration. Common let's go have lunch" I happily jumped up from the sofa as I pulled Riley in a hug and we all made our way to the dinner room.

"So..what did you make Hannah?" I ask my petite chef as I take a seat on the head of the table.

"I made some kettle chips with cheese fondue ma'am" she smiles, gesturing to the table.

"Perfect! Get us some wine please"

"Mhmmm smells nice" Layla moans.

"Please this is food not Korey" Everly teases.

"Same thing" Layla replies with a mouthful of kettle chips.

"It tastes great Ari. Hope you're learning how to cook now that you're married" Nora teases me.

"I can cook" I playfully glare at her.

"Sure.."

"Even if I can't...er...the chefs are there" I laugh and the girls join my in