Chapter 29 - Dealing with the Devils

Aria's POV

I lay on the bed, staring at the wall, which was decorated with a 'Get well soon' banner.

I really want to get well soon. So soon.
I swear Alexander Stein and Nora Coleson will pay for what they've done! I will make sure they pay, in a painful way.
Nora.
I remember becoming friends with her, when no one wanted to be, because they thought she wasn't their class, I remember bringing food for her when she had nothing to eat, I remember introducing her to my parents as my best friend, I remember how I convinced Layla, Riley and Everly to become friends with her.
I regret everything. I regret it. I was so stupid

And Alex,
His Parents were the ones who planned the whole marriage thing and mine accepted because we were crazily in love
Why don't they talk sense to their son?

I have been so clingy, without even realizing it. I feel so stupid.
I should have listened to my friends when they told me he was acting weird, but being the little stupid girl I am, I was blinded by the love I thought he had for me and I, him. I should've known.
I curled myself up like a ball and cried silently to myself.

All the things he had said were never true.
I never really knew him
Our relationship was filled with secrets and lies.
What is my life turning into?

I have been living a life of lies

He played me. They both did.
They played me.
They took my kindness for weakness.
My heart can't take this pain, I was getting used to being someone he loved...but did he ever love me?
I doubt it.
I even told Nora about my marital issues
No wonder she was trying to calm me down and I stupidly thought she was being a good friend.
Who knows if after that day they fucked behind my back.
Disgusting pigs. Animals!

Some minutes later, the door opens and the devil herself walks, behind her, the devil himself.
I sat up straight.
"And who said the both of you could come into my room?" I ask.
My voice was unrecognizable. My once happy voice now sounds sad and empty.
"We came to talk" Alex says.
I stayed quiet, waiting for them to continue. At least I need to hear what they have to say before I take my decision, that way, no one would say I'm wicked.
Although, I doubt their story would change anything.

"Aria, None of this is Nora's fault" Alex starts, he stops, probably thinking I would say something, but I stay quiet, staring at the wall while he talked.
"If anyone is to be blamed, that should be me. She tried to abstain, she really did"

'The girl I saw on your laps all those days ago didn't look like someone who was abstaining' I wanted to say, but I held back.

"Nora is my childhood love. We loved each other right from when we were little, way before we knew you. Something happened, so we were separated, but when I saw her again, I knew I still loved her, but I chose you."

'Why? So you can hurt me?' I mentally ask.

"I'm so sorry it happened this way, but ....I'm so sorry" he sighs

Wow! What a nice explanation.

"Aria please I'm really really sorry. I lied to you and hurt you. Williams and I were never in a relationship. It was just a pretend relationship, because he liked you and wanted to get close to you, so I agreed to play along. I thought you would fall in love with him and maybe I can have Alexander, but you didn't, so I broke up with him immediately after college. I'm deeply sorry. I know I know its all thanks to for you everything I have today. Please, find a place in your heart to forgive me" she breaths.

"Maybe if I hadn't lost my baby, I would have thought of forgiving you, but I can not. I will take revenge for my child you killed" I glare at the wall,  holding back my tears.