Chapter 37 - Fall

Nora/Elisa's POV

I fall roughly on my knees as I was thrown back into my cell.

"You are never leaving here again!" The warden hollers

There
I'm back in my cell, alone with my thoughts again.
What's the point in trying to be nice when the whole world is being cruel to you?

What's the point of being soft, when life is cruel?

Fine then, if that's how things would be, then I have to level up. After all, I have no one to call family, no friends, nothing.

Whatever life throws at me, I won't back down.

Aria Belleville must pay for what she has done!
My life is useless and worthless because of her!
I will make sure she suckers, even if it costs me my life!
If I go down, she must go down with me!

Agreed I had an affair with her husband, but he belonged to me way before he met her. She deserves everything that happened to her and more to come.

~~~~~~~~~

Ever since I got back yesterday, I have been desperately looking for a way to let off this anger boiling inside me.

Standing in this ridiculously long queue, waiting for the rubbish they call breakfast here, is making me lose my fucking mind.
After waiting for what feels like hours, I was finally close to getting my share of rubbish, when one idiot poured her food on me.

"Hey! What's the meaning of this?" I glare at her.

"Oops! I thought you were the trash can" she laughs, thinking she had just made the joke of the year.

It takes everything in me to smile.

"Really? Okay then, why don't you hand over the plate to this trash you see" I open my hand, waiting for her to hand over the plate.

There was no denial that a hint of fear flash on her face, before she handed it to me.

"Not that you can do anything an--" before she could finish her sentence, I broke the plate on her face.

"Oops! I thought that was the floor" I giggle. She tries to attack and that's where I lost it, grabbing her throat, I punched her, she fell to the floor, I got on top her and continued punching Anywhere my fist could land on.

"Don't you dare joke with me! I will kill you!"  Before we could be separated by the wardens, a decent amount of blood was gushing out of her face. I guess I gave her like three punches on her throat.

Jeez! That looks....painful.

Granted, she also delivered three blows on my cheeks.

"Coleson! This Feral aspect of you is becoming alarming!"

I rolled my eyes.
"And what would you do? Whip me? Go ahead"

Aria's POV

"--Now she blames me for everything" I explain to Carl.
We were already back in Texas, since the trouble back there is too much, not that I was planning to stay there longer anyway. Good thing I could give Riley the gift I bought her.
Although, Carl came back before I did, since he had some business to take care of.

"She must be just overwhelmed by everything going on" he tells me

"Maybe.."

"If it's any consolation, I think I might have agreed to your business proposal" He smirks.

I gasp.

"Are you serious" my eyes go wide in excitement.
If you're wondering, Carl and I are just friends, nothing more, I had stopped practicing medicine for some time now, so I decided to focus on my business.
I was thinking of expanding my label and thankfully Carl has accepted to be my business partner.

I couldn't even contain myself as I jump on his lap and hug him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you Carl" I kissed his cheek out of pure happiness.

After realizing how close we were, I decided it was high time I got up. I tried to get up, but I couldn't. It felt like there was a force joining me to him.
My eyes flicker to his lips before meeting his eyes, his, coincidentally doing the same.
It took me a moment to realize his arm was around my waist.

I inched closer, despite every logical part of my brain telling me to stand up and leave.
Surprisingly, he does the same.

Should I do this?

No! Don't! Don't

I close the space between us as my lips capture his in a gentle massage.
He was kissing back, in fact, his other hand was now buried in my hair, massaging the scalp.
His lips feel so soft and warm. I started feeling those butterflies again

God! It's been so long since I felt this way.......

I abruptly stopped and pulled myself away from him as realization hit.

You are doing it again!
You might get hurt again

I didn't realize my eyes were closed shut.

"Aria" he calls.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry about that. I.....I have to go. Talk to you later" I ramble as I begin to pack my things.

Thankfully, he doesn't stop me.
Good
Because I feel so horrible right now. I don't think I'll be able to look him in the eyes.

Throughout the drive to my house, I kept thinking.

"What is happening to you Aria?" I ask myself.

Why did you kiss him? No why did he kiss you back? Why did you allow yourself to kiss him?
You're being foolish again.

*****

Alex I love you so much" I smiled as I hugged him so tight.
"Me too, Ari" I looked at him, confused.
"Why don't you say it back? Huh? Don't you love me?" I pout
"I do-" before he could complete his statement, his phone rang. "I'll talk to you later. I have to pick this" he said as he walked away, leaving me there all alone.

Have you forgotten?

"Aria I have made my decision. Let me go"

"Alexander no! Please don't do this. Why do you have to do this? I'm begging you. Please. If you ever loved me, please just stay. "

Have you forgotten how you were played?

'Aria Belleville clears air about divorce to Alexander Stein'

'Aria Stein-Belleville loses pregnancy due to the shock of seeing husband and lover'

Although I was able to get most of those news down, people still found out.

'What could be happening between Aria Belleville and best friend Nora Coleson after finding out who her husband's mistress is?'

What is happening to me
No
I can't fall again.