Chapter 41- Into you

Elisa/ Nora's POV

"Hey! Come here"

Shit!

The leader of that group who, as they put it, ‘taught me a lesson’ called. I quickly try to cover my face with my hair, in a worthless effort to hide.

"Hey! You! Coleson!"
Okay, I guess I have to face her now, since she's beginning to sound impatient. She might just hit me again if I misbehave.

"Yes?" I try to sound as demure as possible.

"Come. Sit here" she gestures to the empty space beside her.

Confused, I was, but I decided to obey anyway.
I shyly took a seat, waiting for the next order or something, making sure my hair was doing a good job hiding my bruised face. It's been so long since I actually did anything concerning my hair, so it has grown so long, that it inconveniences me sometimes.

I expected probably the worst, but what I did not expect was a hand, gently tucking my hair behind my ears.
When I thought I'd seen it all, she asked.
"How are you?"

My whole body stiffened.
On a normal day.....no, if it were to be a normal person who asked me this question, I would understand, but this one....

"I....I don't understand?" I replied, still not meeting hers or anyone's eyes.

"You don't understand? How the hell don't you understand a simple question like 'how are you'?" She asked, amused.

"I'm...."
How am I even?
I am anything but fine, ever since I have been sent here. "...alive, as you can see"

"Hmm, good" I could see her smirk from the corner of my eyes.

"Why did you call me here? The last time I checked, we....we are not exactly fond of each other"

"On the contrary, I am"

I turn to look at her, wide eyed.
"What?!"

"Yes. I've been in this prison for.....over.....is it ten or twelve years.....I don't really know. But forget about me. Ever since I arrived here, No one has dared to fight me, but you....well you are bold and I like that" she says.
Now I'm getting more confused.

"So what are you driving at?"

"I'm offering you an opportunity to join our squad"

My eyes go wide at the realization of this.

Carl's POV

Aria volunteered to join me pick up Austin, so I've been patiently waiting for her to get ready.

After waiting for what seems like hours, she finally shows up, in all her beautiful glory.

It was worth the wait.

Her sunglasses, hanging on her forehead, her wavy hair resting on her right shoulder, the baggy cream pants she wore, accentuating her curves and flowing freely down her legs, making her ten times more beautiful.

God! How I love this woman.

"You ready?" She asks.

"Yeah, come on, let's go"

~~~~~~

"Carl" Kelly opens the door, the puffiness of her eyes was making it obvious that she had been crying.

"May I come in?" She swallows hard, but nods anyway.

"He's asleep" she informs as she hands over the carrier or whatever they call it. That stuff where the baby sleeps, that has a handle.
The movable stuff...I don't know much about all of that.