Chapter 10 - Elma's Baby shower

Aria's POV
It's been two weeks since I got engaged to Alex, believe me, it feels to good to be engaged, talk less of being married. I always made my engagement ring stand out in all my pictures.

Lawson's and Elma's baby shower is today. As much as I wanted Nora to come along, she couldn't as she wasn't feeling too good and had some work at school.

It was such a busy day at Lawson's place, maids working everywhere,making sure everything was in other.  I and Elma were at the garden, she was so excited as she told me how it feels to have a life growing inside her. Her baby bump looked like it was going to pop out any time soon.
Although, she was putting on a maternity gown, it was still very much noticeable

"Your brother makes me eat a lot! Look at me now, I look fat and ugly. I loved having that model-like body" she whined and I couldn't help but laugh.
Elma was a thin and pretty young girl when she got married to my brother, but now, she looks so different (not in a bad way). She still has her pretty face and her ass has gotten fatter.

"What? Its not funny" she scowled at me "I used to always think I'll still look fit when I get pregnant, but I just can't control my stupid annoying appetite"

"Stop being hard on yourself. You're still the Pretty Elma I used to know, if anything, prettier than before. Pregnancy looks good on you"  I smiled. "I guess you'll be happy to know your ass got fatter" I wiggled my brows.

"So did my tummy" she replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes

"After birth, everything will be back to normal"

"I don't want my ass to go back to normal though" she laughs. "The stretch marks? Will they go too" She arched a brow.

"Those are the perks of being a mother. Don't worry, we can always do something about them" I winked.

"Excuse me ma'am" A maid interrupted. "The guests are starting to arrive" she announced.

Elma grinned and looked at me. "Let's go welcome them. Help me up would you?" She stretched forth her arm as I helped her stand up and we made our way to the living room, which was nicely decorated.
We welcomed some guests and Elma introduced me to some of her friends before Lawson took her with him.

I made small talks with some of the guests, before the doors opened and the rest of the family walked in;my family actually, Elma's parents were already here.

"Mum, Dad" I greeted as I pulled them into a gentle hug.

"What's up guys?"I asked, gesturing to my siblings.

"We're cool what 'bout you?" Mark answers

"Peachy" I replied.

Minutes later, I went to have a drink. I was at the bar, taking slow sips of my wine, before I decided to go join the rest.
Just as i got up to go meet the others, I came in contact with something hard (I assume, someone). My drink spilled on the persons clothes and before I can stop myself, the glass fell to the floor, breaking into pieces.

"Hey watch where you're going" I glared, trying to wipe a little trace of wine that had spilled on my dress, but it was no use.

Damn!

"I should be telling you that! You ruined my shirt!" I heard the strangely familiar harsh baritone voice.

"You were the one who....." I trailed off as I looked up, only to come in contact with those blue-gray eyes.

"You?" We both said in unison.

"Why do you keep showing up at the wrong places at the wrong time?"