Chapter 8 - The proposal

Aria's POV

It was Saturday afternoon, it was the day, we were going to meet Nora's boyfriend. We were all excited.

We decided to hangout at an Italian restaurant. It was a very busy place. All the waiters were busy taking orders or doing one thing or the other.
We were having little chitchat when Nora walked in with a handsome guy. Something about him seemed familiar.
They were holding hands when they approached us. When they got closer I realized that the mystery guy is William Dorsey.

The weird stalker

He took out a seat for Nora and sat beside her.
"Hello everyone, this is my boyfriend, William. William, my friends" she introduced.

"Hi, I'm Riley"
"Everly"
"Layla"
"I'm Aria" I said as I shook hands with him, acting all professional.

"Nice names, as you already know, I'm William" he said, his eyes pausing on me. I tried to hold back the urge to roll my eyes.

Nora cleared here throat, lightly, but I could still hear it. "Can we place our orders now?"

"Sure, yes" Everly was the first to reply as she looked into the menu.

The lunch went well, except the part where I avoided William's annoying stares. Nora was acting all lovey-dovey around him. They talked about how they met.

After lunch, we all headed to Ari's collection, (yeah, guessed right I own the place) leaving Nora and William back, to enjoy themselves. Since I told them Alex and I were going in a date, Riley, Layla and Eve volunteered to get me the best dress.

After walking from one brand to the other we finally settled on a Channel dress. It was an off-shoulder white dress that accentuated my curves, it stopped right above my knees.
It fitted me perfectly.

"You look amazing! Alex won't be able to take his eyes off you in that dress" Layla compliment, I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

"Wow! This is wonderful" said Riley.

"You normally look good in whatever you put on but, in this, you look... breathtaking." Everly beamed.

"Thank you so much girls. I wouldn't have been able to find this dress without your help" I said truthfully.

"What are best friends for?" they all said in unison.
I paid for the dress and bought few other things I would need, like a pair of shoes, purse, jewelries...literally everything I would put on.

*                              *                                   *

It was finally the day for my date, with Alex, I put on my white dress and wore all my accessories. The dress seems a little bit tighter in my bust area now though.

I was about finishing my makeup when I saw  Nora, from my mirror, walk to my room but stopped at my doorstep. She was putting on a bum short and a purple crop top

"Alex is here" she crossed her arms and leaned on the door frame.
I smiled at the mention of his name, I bit my lip to hold back the smile.

"I'll be with him shortly" I replied as I added the finishing touches to my makeup.

"I'll go tell him....by the way, you look good" she smirked and walked away before I could even tell her a shy thank you.