Chapter 9 - Secrets

Please don't forget to •vote •comment and •share

It's a way to show your appreciation and encouragement

Now back to the story
.
.
.
.
The next day, I woke up very happy. I greeted Nora who was watching a movie in the living room and headed to the kitchen.

She usually made breakfast everyday, looks like she wasn't in the mood today. I walked into the kitchen, took an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter. I walked over to the fridge to get some cereal, since I can't really prepare anything because of my newly manicured nails.

I brought out my favorite cereal; Kashi golean hearty oatmeal. As I ate, I found a magazine on the kitchen counter. The cover looked oddly familiar, so I picked it up and Alex and I were on the cover page. I wasn't surprised, my family always make the cover of magazines almost every year. I smiled as I read the headline; Daughter of  multi-billionaire, Eugene Belleville, Aria Belleville Engaged to Alexander Stein

I smiled. It was a picture of Alex on his knee, proposing to me.

"Uh..congrats on your engagement, Aria" Nora smiled, I didn't even noticed she was now in sitting opposite me.

"Thank you, thank you" I beamed.

"I'm so happy for you, bestie" she pulled me into a hug. I've always dreamed of getting married to a loving, caring and loyal guy and I'm so happy it is no other person than my Alex.

Later in the day, Riley, Layla and Everly dropped by.

"You never told us he would propose" Layla whined. " I wish I was there"

"I never knew he'll propose. If I had known, I would've told you guys....Okay I thought of it but I never knew he actually would."

"Gosh! You looked so sexy in that magazine" Everly beamed

"Yeah, totally hot. I can't wait to be a god mother" Riley smiled.

Not so soon darling

Layla sneered "Who says you will? I'll be the god mother not you"

Before Riley could say anything else, Everly cut her off "No! I'm the eldest. I'll be the god mother"

The girls kept on arguing about a child who hasn't even come into existence yet. I kept on laughing, till my eyes landed on Nora. She had a forlorn look on her face. What exactly is her problem? She didn't seem too happy.

"Nora are you okay?" I asked as the laughter subsided and everyone turned to look at her.

She looked like she was taken out of her train of thoughts.
"uh? What's wrong?" She flinched a bit.

"We should be asking you that" I pointed out.

"What? I don't get?" She looked genuinely confused.

"Are you Okay? You have a glum look on your face" Everly asked

Let's have a peep into Nora's life....

Nora's POV

The girls were busy talking about a baby, I think, while I was thinking about what happened yesterday with Him

I heard the doorbell, while I was watching my favorite movie; mia and the white lion for hundredth time. I groaned and lazily walked over to the door and peeped from the peephole.

It was Him

I smiled and adjusted my crop top and drew my shorts higher. I made sure my hair was in order before I opened the door.

"babe hi" I smiled. I took a good look at him and he was dressed up like he was going for a formal event.

"Hello Nora" he gave me a peck on my cheek as a greeting. I wrapped my arms around him as he was about to pull away. "Uhm....you can let go now"  he said, but I ignored him and drew him closer to me and placed a kiss on his soft, pink lips, making sure my boobs were pressed to his chest.
He pulled away too quickly for my liking.

"That's enough" he whisper yelled. "This is your friend's house. She can walk in on us any minute."

"I'm sorry, but I miss you" I smiled, not minding how mad he was. He was cute though, he looked hot whenever he was mad. Still does

"Nora" he pinched the bridge of his nose, as if thinking of what to say. "You can't do this. there are many private places, but not here"

"Okay then let's go out? To a hotel maybe? I don't even know why you care if someone walks in on us. We've done so many things in this house remember?"  He rolls his eyes

"That's not why I'm here. Not today at least"

I rolled my eyes. "What did you come here for anyways?" I crossed my arms, bringing one feet forward, making my left hip shoot out.

His eyes trailed down my body, before her replied. "I came to get my girlfriend" .......

I didn't realize that my facial expression was so obvious that Aria noticed.

"Nora are you okay?" She asked.
I flinched from the sudden concern. I noticed they had stopped their discussion and all attention was on me now.

Was it that obvious?

"uh? What's wrong?" I raised my brows

"We should be asking you that" said Aria

"What? I don't get?" I gave a confused look

"Are you Okay? You have a glum look on your face" Everly asked
I knew I had to think quickly, else they'll get suspicious. Then, I got the perfect excuse.

"Uhm yeah...it's just that grandmother called and she's very ill. I'm so worried. She's the only family I have left" I lied.
I hate being the center of attraction.

I lost my parents in an air crash when I was 10 after that, I lived with my grandma, till I met Aria in middle school. We became close friends. When grandma could no longer pay my tuition, Aria talked to her parents and the Bellevilles offered to sponsor my education and everything, since Aria and I were like sisters.

"Oh God! I'm such a bad friend" Aria face palmed herself. I knew it wouldn't be so hard to convince her. "I should have known there was something off about you. I'm so sorry about that. Since when did she call?"

I needed to be fast in constructing this.

"Yesterday evening...when you were out...I didn't wanna bother you guys with my problems" I mumbled.

"We're truly sorry about that Nora. We didn't know" Riley and Layla said.
Meanwhile Everly gave me a look I just couldn't quite decipher.
I probably need to sound more convincing.

"Don't you ever think you're bothering me. We are practically sisters and I'll do everything I can to make sure grandmother is okay" Aria said and I knew she was determined.

"No...it's fine Aria. You've done enough for me. I can handle this"

"But I insist" she pressed on.

"No seriously, I can handle it Ari"

"But-"

"Please" I didn't want her to worry and find out I'm lying. She nodded her head and leaned back into her seat, at that point, I knew I'd won.

"If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me, or us. We'll always be here for you" She smiled and I nodded.

I felt kind of bad lying her

If only she knew how much I've hidden from her.