My Date with Murphy

Luke was spending the day with Jacob and Andy. It killed me to drop them off and leave for the day. I was meeting Murphy today and we were going on a date. I know a date! I haven't been on a date in years. Luke never took me on dates. Sigh. I went to my closet and looked around. I decided to wear black skinny jeans, a dark blue halter top with a leather jacket. I put on dark makeup and some lip gloss. I looked in the mirror. I looked more like the 23 year old that I am and not the old woman that I felt like. I jumped in my 2012 Navigator and Murphy and I meet at an unmarked place. He was standing waiting for me. I grin at him and get out of my car.

"Hey Lucy."

"Hey Murph."

We hug and he kissed me on the cheek. I laughed and we walked into the place.

"So what is this?"

I hear this pinging sound and see people jumping around.

"We're playing laser tag!"

I couldn't wait. I've never played laser tag before. We grab our gun and pads. It was boys vs. girls and my target was Murphy. My teams plan was to hide. Find any low space hidden from view and wait for a guy to come by. I shoot any guy that came past me. I saw Murphy's shoes come by. He wasn't close enough. Then, he stood right beside me. I jumped out of my hiding space and shot. It pinged and Murphy's protection thing went off. The room flashed pink. The girls won. Yes! I jump up and down in happiness.

"Ha! We won."

"I know."

We all lined up and shook hands. Murphy and I left and went to Olive Garden. I ordered the seafood Alfredo and he ordered spaghetti. I loved the never ending  salad and bread sticks. We talked about different things. We even played 20 questions.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Purple. What's yours?"

"Green. How was your first kiss?"

"Wet and sloppy."

"Eww Murphy!"

We ended up leaving my truck and I rode with him. Murphy put a blindfold over my eyes.

"Why do I have to do this?"

"Because you do."

We finally arrived at our destination. I smelled the pizza in the air.

"Murphy where are we going?"

"You'll see."

He grabbed me by the hand and led me out of the car. We walked in the building. Murphy started to untie the blindfold.

"Surprise."

It was an arcade. I looked at all the games and they had a crane machine. I couldn't believe it. I grabbed his hand and ran to the Pac-Man machine. We played all the games for hours. We both got two slices of pizza a piece and ate. Murphy walked me to the car and he drove me back to my truck.

"I had a great time."

"Me too we should totally do that again."

"I know right."

I stood back on my truck and looked up at Murphy. His pink lips were so inviting. He leaned in and pressed our lips against each others. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. My tongue slid against his. I pulled back and looked at him.

"I really like you Lucy."

"I like you too Murphy."

After that, he lets me go. I pick up my babies and go home. I dream about Murphy and my babies.